5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2014 12:00 PM by Rafael Aviles RSS

imported photos not going where they usually go........

harvey_abc Community Member

i recently had to format the ext drive that my photos were on.  after doing that i put all those photos back. i opened Finder, clicked ext drive titled Photos and placed the parent folder, My Pictures there.

when i now look at the folders panel the parent folder is Photos and then My Pictures.  in older catalogs the parent folder was always My Pictures.  there are no ?s anywhere. wondering whether i put the photos back in the right way or right place.

even though i select a specific folder when i now import photos they  go to a completely different  and new folder and seemingly to a new drive titled Photos.  that is also the name of the drive that all the photos are on.  when i click "show in finder" all images show the original drive titled Photos.  so when you look at the folder panel it looks like there are actually two drives titled Photos and the imported photos are now going to the second Photos drive.  in reality there is only one drive titled Photos.

i can't get imported photos to go to the correct drive.

any help would be greatly appreciated.Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 2.36.35 PM.png