5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 9:28 AM by A.T. Romano

elements 12 no longer working

sukottob

Ive been using this program for about a month and now on start up it comes up with not working error.

I have uninstalled and re installed several times, as well as down loading all windows and driver updates.

my system is:

intel core i7

windows 7 64 bit

8 gb ddr ram

3 tb hard drive

nvidia geforce gt 320 1024mb

this program has been working fine up untill a few days ago, i have not added or removed any soft ware when this happened.

when windows seaches for a solution it comes up with nothing.

im using a disc to install from.

• 1. Re: elements 12 no longer working
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured Microsoft Updates is enabled? Have you manually downloaded all of the Windows and Microsoft updates, including the non-critical updates that do not install automatically?

Have you gone to the nVidia web site to ensure you have the latest drivers for your video card?

Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

Does this program crash during a project or does it not open up at all? Do you see this problem only on a current project, or do you see the same problem when you start a new project, before you add media to it?

• 2. Re: elements 12 no longer working
            A.T. Romano Level 7

sukottob

What is your "Elements 12" that is not working? Is it Premiere Elements 12 or Photoshop Elements 12, running on Windows 7 64 bit?

ATR

• 3. Re: elements 12 no longer working
              sukottob Level 1

It's premier elements 12. I have manually updated all windows, nvidia and adobe updates. It stops on the startup window if I try to use the video editor but will open the organizer tab and run that ok. The program had been running fine until last week.

• 4. Re: elements 12 no longer working
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When a program is working and suddenly stops, it is usually an indication that you have not fully updated and tuned your system.

• 5. Re: elements 12 no longer working
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

sukottob

Thanks for the follow up information for your issue regarding Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Please check out two possible approaches to resolving the issue that you describe

It stops on the startup window if I try to use the video editor but will open the organizer tab and run that ok

Please review and consider the two how to suggestions in my blog post....I would try the second approach first (the one where you rename the SLStore Folder and SLCache Folder.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

Other.....

Also, you could check out Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Applications to look for information/error messages that may relate to the problem.

You could delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. In Windows 7 64 bit, it can be found in the path

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

Please let us know your results.

Thanks.

ATR