3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2014 7:44 AM by Peter Grainge

Output format settings

I find that text/pictures are incompete in output format. If I need the complete text or picture to be visible in the output for all for all inputs that I insert within the frame, where in RoboHelp 11 should I change these settings?

Message was edited by: sriraml

• 1. Re: Output format settings
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

Unfortunately we need more information in order to provide anything close to a coherent guess or response.

What is your output type? (WebHelp, Microsoft HTML Help, Etc.)

What version of RoboHelp are you using? (6, 7, 8, Etc.)

What flavor of RoboHelp are you using? (RoboHelp for Word, RoboHelp HTML, Etc.)

How exactly are you inserting the objects and can you provide a screen capture of how they look "off"?

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: Output format settings
            sriraml Level 1

Hi Rick,

I generate output normally in pdf / word with printed documentation

Version is RoboHelp 11

Flavor is RoboHelp HTML

By default, I don't apply any layout or indents.

The normal ruler settings on all pages remain within a scale of 10.

Initially I capture the image, resize and save them in the Proejct folder. To insert, I use the Insert | Image flow from the top menu.

If you notice from the below image the full-length picture isn't visible.

Layout Customization.jpg

Below is an example of text, wherein in the middle of the document indentation is applied to text without any change in settings. The text is supposed to be justified and runs across the entire page, however in printed documentation format the output is different.

Reset Pwd.jpg

• 3. Re: Output format settings
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Try applying a different CSS file to one topic to see if that makes any difference.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips