1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2014 6:02 PM by Liz, Typekit Support

Some fonts aren't syncing from typekit

HLCarleton Level 1

I am using illustrator and photoshop with typekit fonts. I chose a number of fonts to sync but not all are availablle in PS & Ai. As an example I have all of the Aktiv Grotesque fonts selected to sync, but in PS & Ai only have hairline italic, medium, italic, light italic, bold, xbold, black italic.

What's going on here?

Also, brought this to my attention was that I recently used Aktiv Grotesque light, then when I opened the *.ai file about a week later I got a warning that the font was not available.

EDIT:

forgot to mention I'm running windows 8.1 and all Adobe products are up to date.

• 1. Re: Some fonts aren't syncing from typekit
          Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hello,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this!  I've confirmed that all of the weights and styles of Aktiv Grotesk Std have been added to your Typekit account correctly. 

Are the weights that are missing from your applications listed in the Fonts tab of Creative Cloud?  Would you post a screenshot?

If you haven't done so already, would you please try turning off font sync in the Creative Cloud application, wait a moment, and then turn it back on?  The option to do this is under the gear icon in Preferences > Fonts ("sync on/off").  Sometimes the app just needs a fresh session for the fonts to appear again.

If that doesn't make a difference, please send your recent sync log files & that screenshot to support@typekit.com so that we can look into it further. 

On Windows:

C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync\

Attach the 3 or 4 most recent CoreSync-yyyy-MM-dd.log files to an email. Please don't send a zip file, as they often get flagged as spam.

Thank you,

-- liz