1. What are you doing? Have you created a project in Premiere Elements 10 to the point of adding a disc menu, saved closed the project at that time. Now, you have opened the Premiere Elements 10 project in Premiere Elements 12, and, when you do, the Movie Menu section of 12 does not display your disc menu customized in Premiere Elements 10. Is all that correct?
2. If so, what disc menu did you use in Premiere Elements 10 project? What was the extent of your customization of it?
3. Recap...Premiere Elements 10 comes Content disc in box packaging. If you purchased the program as online download, then you can get the Content online and install them.
Premiere Elements 12 is a different matter. There is no Content disc for any user. The program installs with incomplete Content. Then from within the program you download NOW for one piece of Content or download ALL if you want them all. That goes category by category Instant Movies, Titles &Text, Audio, Graphics, Movie Menu.
This no Content disc system used in 11 and 12 can be time consuming depending on Internet connection and Adobe Server.
We will await further details to make sure we are in sync with them.
Also, right click the Premiere Elements 12 desktop icon and select Run As Administrator as well as running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.
Please review and consider. We will be looking forward to your follow up.
1. What are you doing? Have you created a project in Premiere Elements 10 to the point of adding a disc menu, saved closed the project at that time. Now, you have opened the Premiere Elements 10 project in Premiere Elements 12, and, when you do, the Movie Menu section of 12 does not display your disc menu customized in Premiere Elements 10. Is all that correct? Yes. PE 12 can't even see that I created a menu.
2. If so, what disc menu did you use in Premiere Elements 10 project? What was the extent of your customization of it? I used a blinking lights Christmas menu, and I customized the text only.
I purchased my copy of PE 12 at best buy, and installed it using the Install CD in the box.
Project created in earlier version does not always open with later version. So, the classical comeback is to finish a project in the program in which it is created. Do you have Premiere Elements 10 as a fall back? Even the path back may not be possible. If you have taken the original 10 project and edited it in 12, you should not be able to go back and edit in 10 again. But, let us keep that in mind, but see if we can find a way to open the 10 project successfully in 12, menus et al.
Both 10 and 12 have the Blinking Lights Theme, so we are not dealing with a discontinued theme. And, Blinking Lights is not one of the photoshop.com plus content. Good.
In 12, when you go to Tools/Movie Menu/select Holidays and Events/Blinking Lights, do you find the thumbnail for Blinking Lights with a blue band at the top right corner of the thumbnail. If so, what happens when you right click the blue band and select Download Now? Do you have your antivirus and firewall turned Off? You cannot use Blinking Lights with the blue band. Only an incomplete set of assets for the Blinking Lights installs with the program. All have to download essential files from within Movie Menu in order to get that menu to work.
Also, we want to know what is going on with this theme's assets at the hard drive save location. To do that, go to
Local Disk C
Holidays and Events
and then tell us what you find in the Blinking Light Folder. Any .psd files? Before or after the Download Now?
In the next hour or so, I am going to do a complete run through of creating a project with Blinking Lights menus in 10 and trying to open it with Blinking Lights menu in 12 in order to make sure that there are no special glitches in the path.
Definitely be set up for Run As Admininstrator.
More later. I will give you a detailed account on my results.
Thanks for the follow up.
Add On...Where is the media for 10 project? Is the 10 and 12 work being done on the same computer? If you are working from one computer (with 10) to another (12), did you transfer the 10 project to the other computer with 12 using a Copied or Trimmed Folder from Project Archiver so that you took the 10 project media along with its project.prel?
Windows 7 64 bit computer...same computer used for all...
a. Created a NTSC DV Standard project in Premiere Elements 10 and included the disc menu Holidays and Events/Blinking Lights. Previewed the menu, click Done. Then saved/closed the project.
b. On the same computer, I went to Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/10.0 to find the project.prel file for the Premiere Elements 10 project with Blinking Lights menu that I had created. I found the project.prel file, right clicked it, selected Open With, and then selected Adobe Premiere Elements 12.
c. The Premiere Elements 10 project.prel file opened with Premiere Elements 12, displaying the Expert workspace.
d. When I clicked on Tools Menu/Movie Menu, the following is what I saw immediately
Please review the above and then let us know what differences might exist step by step between what I have just described and what you have been doing.