3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 10:24 AM by A.T. Romano

Where do I setup Facebook account information so publish to social websites doesn't fail?

carrelc

I published an entire video for over 20 minutes and it failed at the very end during the upload section. I suspect because I never told Premier Elements anything about my Facebook account. I looked everywhere in preferences but don't see any place to configure my FB account.

What am I missing? Is it done on the Adobe website somewhere?

• 1. Re: Where do I setup Facebook account information so publish to social websites doesn't fail?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

carrelc

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

In the absence of that information, I wil generalize using Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit....

You should establish your Facebook account at the Facebook web site to be confident of the Account and its settings/preferences there.

In Premiere Elements, you can go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing to refresh the Online Services, but there are no Facebook, YouTube, or Vimeo settings adjusts to be made there.

When you go to Publish+Share/Social Websites/Facebook, you follow the on screen instructions and reply accordingly.

If you take your Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that file to Facebook at the Facebook web site, does the upload succeed for this Timeline content which just had failed through the within Premiere Elements route?

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Where do I setup Facebook account information so publish to social websites doesn't fail?
            carrelc Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm using Premier Elements 12 with all current updates. Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

After the refresh, I have a browser tab that states Premier Elements is now ready to upload to FB. Trying it now.

If that doens't work, I will try publishing to disk with the FB parameters and see if I can upload manaully.

I just tried a manual upload of a file created with the YouTube HD format settings. It said it completed and recieved the FB notification it was ready to view, but when I clicked on it, the file was not there and the message from FB disappeared from the notification tab. I assume that means the file format was incompatible.

I'll let you know how the FB direct publish and upload works.Dialouge box indicates approximately an hour to complete the upload to FB.

• 3. Re: Where do I setup Facebook account information so publish to social websites doesn't fail?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

carreic

Thanks for the reply.

Does "I'm using Premier Elements 12 with all current updates" mean that you are now working from the 12.1 Update of the program?

You wrote

I just tried a manual upload of a file created with the YouTube HD format settings. It said it completed and recieved the FB notification it was ready to view, but when I clicked on it, the file was not there and the message from FB disappeared from the notification tab.

For the Premiere Elements 12 export did you use for that file

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = YouTube Widescreen HD.

That should be fine (1280 x 720 @ 24 progressive frames per second - H.264.mp4)

If you wanted 29.97 progressive frames per second instead of 24, you could make that change under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the preset. But, I do not see 24 vs 29.97 frames per second being the issue for that file's problems at Facebook. The "ready to be viewed" message suggests a Facebook with your account or its web site.

http://www.facebook.com/help/www/124738474272230?rdrhc

http://www.facebook.com/help/218673814818907/

What was the duration of the file and its file size?

We will look forward to your results when you try the upload of the Premiere Elements 12 Timeline content to Facebook from Publish+Share/Social Websites/Facebook. Again, what file size and duration do you see in the Social Websites/Facebook dialog just before you hit the Save button?

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR