0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2014 5:27 PM by jamskof74

desktop uploader urgent problems

jamskof74 Level 1

am io wrong or is the adobe cc desktop app allow you to upload files from your desktop??

i just had a very very frustrating conversation with an adobe rep over chat, are these people seriously considered professionals???...

https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/57472748/?cmd=file&file=chatStart&site=57472748&sessionkey =H5737224092431158281-6261762529632100331K11620943&postChatURL=

You are now chatting with 'Swapna'

Swapna: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Swapna: Hi James.

james schofield: hi

james schofield: hi, i am writing to you due to my extreme frustration with the creative cloud service. i get continuous problems with uploading files to clients, i use the desktop uploader which goes for three hours and fails to upload (i get an exclamation mark icon) the file is only 450mb i am not getting angry clients, i work remotely and this is extremely important for my business, i need to be able to upload without a problem, i am continuously having to go elsewhere to "securely" upload my files. this was the file name "tech_arena_prores_1024x576.mov.zip" are there any restrictions with naming conventions? my aoftware is up to date, please help urgently! thankyou

Swapna: I will be glad to help you with the issue you are facing with the subscription you are referring to.

james schofield: hello?

Swapna: I see that this is a technical issue. I'll need to transfer this chat to the technical support team so that this issue is resolved in this first contact itself.

james schofield: thanks

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.

You are now chatting with 'Navin'

Navin: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.

Navin: Please allow me a moment while I look into your account & verify the details.

Navin: I understand that you are facing issue in loading files to CC Desktop, is that correct?

james schofield: hi

james schofield: yes thats correct

james schofield: two files faied to upload in the last week

james schofield: are there any issues with naming conventions or length of title?

james schofield: hi, anybody still here?

Navin: Thank you for confirming the issue.

Navin: I will glad to help you with this issue.

Navin: Please allow me 2-3 minutes while I check the information for you.

james schofield: thanks

Navin: Thank you for staying online.

james schofield: thats ok

Navin: May I know the error message you are getting?

james schofield: there was no message, just error and an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle as the icon on the file.

Navin: May I know if you are dragging and roping the file or using the upload option in CC .

Navin: ?

james schofield: drag and drop

Navin: Please use the upload option in Creative Cloud.

Navin: Drag and Drop does not work some times.

james schofield: did you just say that??

james schofield: did you just say your paid service does not work sometimes?

Navin: Drag and drop option does not work for sometime. It is recommended to use the upload feature in Creative Cloud to upload the files.

Navin: So please use the upload option in Creative Cloud to upload the file.

james schofield: im talking about creative cloud for desktop service not the web based service

Navin: What issue you are facing issue with the CC Desktop?

james schofield: everything i just told you...

james schofield: 15 minutes ago you asked me this... I understand that you are facing issue in loading files to CC Desktop, is that correct?... now you are asking me again?

Navin: The files are loaded in Creative Cloud not in CC Desktop.

Navin: Using the CC Desktop you can install the Adobe products.

Navin: You cannot upload the files in CC Desktop.

Navin: You need to upload the files in Creative Cloud.

Navin: Am I clear with the above instruction?

james schofield: no

Navin: CC Desktop is the App using which you can install the Adobe products.

james schofield: then why does it say that you can upload up to 5gb via desktop app??? why do i know more than you?

james schofield: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-connection-faq.html#id_74925

james schofield: 5 paragraphs down

Navin: James, I am sorry that there is no Creative cloud for Desktop service.

Navin: If you have to upload files, it is web based service.

james schofield: then what did my link just tell you?

Navin: I understand that you are not trying to upload files by logging atwww.creative.adobe.com , however you will download desktop app using which you will sync files.

james schofield: Is there a file size limit? With Creative Cloud desktop application, you can upload files up to 5 GB. If you attempt to upload anything larger, you can see some unexpected errors. With the Creative Cloud website, you can upload files up to 1 GB. If you attempt to upload anything larger, you can see some unexpected upload failures.

james schofield: YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS TO UPLOAD A FILE, VIA DESKTOP OR VIA WEBSITE.. ? yes?

Navin: The desktop application which you are referring is to sync files from computer with cloud.

james schofield: i just pasted that text from the adobe website

james schofield: have you read what i just pasted from the adobe website?