8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2014 8:42 PM by mytaxsite.co.uk RSS

Verification code

Giants of the Arts

I finally received a verification code (so I can send photos via email) but Adobe is using the incorrect email.

I've talked to two agents and purchased the upgraded version of Photoshop.

What am I doing wrong!

Thanks

• 1. Re: Verification code
          Curt Y Community Member

A verification code for what?  Perhaps I am out of the loop, but why would you need a verificaon code to send e-mail?

• 2. Re: Verification code
            Giants of the Arts Community Member

I used Photoshop Elements 5.0 for YEARS and easily sent photos using

Photoshop. When I switched to Windows  7 a few months ago the EMAIL

process changed.

It asked me for a Verification Code which would allow me to send photos

via Adobe email.

I asked for the code numerous times (as directed by the site itself)

with no avail.

I called and spoke to Agent 1 who said I needed to update so I BOUGHT

Elements 12 for $79.95.

THAT asks me for a verification code too!

After 2 days I finally received a code but it was for the OLD Photoshop

Elements 5.0.

I entered it and it still did not work.

I just am so frustrated. Also, live chat said the department that

handles this is only open on MF, 7am -5PM.

Sheesh.

Carol

• 3. Re: Verification code
              Chris Cox Adobe Employee

You posted to the Photoshop forum by mistake. I've moved your post to the Elements forum.

• 4. Re: Verification code
                Little_Pale_Face MVP

Hi,

Adobe uses the email address that you specify in the organizer preferences.

See Edit -> Preferences -> Sharing

Is that the correct or incorrect address?

If you change it, you will be sent a new verification code.

Brian

• 5. Re: Verification code

Brian,

I'm so frustrated.

I've called tech support 3 times, spoke to 3 agents and got  3 different

answers.

I even upgraded (79.99) to Elements 12 (agent's suggestion so I could

email photos on Adobe)

Still can't send photos on [removed]

I went to EDIT, PREFERENCES and SHARE. Put in [removed] as my

email server.

(One agent said Adobe probably doesn't recognize Cox.net so I should

change to hotmail.com. I tried that with no solution.)

I WOULD LIKE TO USE [removed] as my email server.

I went to EDIT, PREFERENCES and typed in [removed]

I still get no vertification code on that.

Will I never get a verification code because of using Cox.net?

PLEASE help. Waiting on the phone just doesn't help. It's been 3 nights.

THANK you for whatever you do for me.

[private data removed]

• 6. Re: Verification code
                    mytaxsite.co.uk MVP

Carol,

something@cox.netis not a server;  It is your email address and you shouldn't be putting it on this public forum because you are making it easy for sppamers to get hold of it and they will send you all sorts of posts including something you don't want to have in your inbox.  Please edit your posts and remove the c***from the address.

To use Adobe servers, the first thing you need to do is to launch your PSE Organizer and then go to:

Edit >> Preferences >> sharing

Now fill out the form exactly as this picture (click on it to get a bigger picture)  EXCEPT put your real name for "Your-Name"

2014-04-09_0336.png

This is all there is to it.  when the above window is closed after you have clicked OK then click on share Tab on top right corner of the window and follow the online instructions.  You will get the opportunity to request a new verification code as shown in this picture:

2014-04-09_0344.png

Hope this helps but please post back if you don't understand anything in this post.  I will explain it to you.

You didn't need to buy new version just for this function.  Also, you don't have to use Adobe Email Service.  You can use your own Email client such as Outlook or Windows Live Mail.  On Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, Thunderbird isn't supported and I have posted a bug on Mozilla website.  hope this gets fixed soon.

Good luck.

• 7. Re: Verification code

Brian,

I thank you for trying to help me.

You are talking to a 70 year OLD woman who is really trying!!

I thank you for letting me know I should REMOVE my email from my forum

posts/1

I am embarassed to say I do not know how to do that.

(Since I wasn't getting any useful info with REAL agents I tried looking

at the forum but I cannot remember how I got there, nor how to delete my

name (email name, at least).

Thanks. Maybe people will just ignore my silly question.

PS. I DID go through the steps you suggested (Launched my PSE Organizer,

edit, preferences, sharing, putting in my real name.

It then asks for my email (which I fill in) and I must click on "sender

verification" for the vertification code. I just never receive a code on

my email.

Anyway, how do I get to the forum profile so I can delete my email?

Thank you.

Carol

• 8. Re: Verification code
                        mytaxsite.co.uk MVP

Anyway, how do I get to the forum profile so I can delete my email?

Thank you.

Carol

First, Adobe Forums must be under going updates at this time so you won't receive anything in the email.  You just have to wait until morning.

As to your personal details in post # 5, Barbara will remove it when she is around here.  she is our boss here to make sure we behave and respect each other here.  Don't worry about it.