4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 11:44 PM by Mylenium

slider sensitivity

Arrakis Level 1

Is there a way to decrease slide sensitivity so as to be able to make fine adjustments? 

• 1. Re: slider sensitivity
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You can hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys to change slider value increment step size.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: slider sensitivity
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are in the Effects Control Panel you can also right click on a slider name, select Edit and change the minimum and maximum values.

Screen Shot 2014-04-08 at 6.12.25 AM.png

The visible slider range in this instance of Exposure has been reset from .1 to 1, the default is -4 to 4

I use this all the time, especially with Expression Controls

• 3. Re: slider sensitivity
              Arrakis Level 1

IM trying to make an innfinite zoom effect with the generate fractal effect but when I zoom in to a certain point the mandelbrot x and y sliders are just way too snesitive to get it where  I need it.  I have tried shift/command to restruct the movemnet but its doesnt help. I also edited the values down to values of the slider down to 0.00000001 and - 0.00000001 but its still too sensitive! seems like a pretty useless effect if you cannot make very fine adjustments

• 4. Re: slider sensitivity
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Why bother? There is any number of free fractal generators out there that can generate much more beautiful fractals and export them as an image sequence...

Mylenium