13 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2014 4:11 PM by WhiteLeroy

Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing

patrickj67

Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing, WIndows 8.1, Dell 9020 AIO

event viewer shows;

Application: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 000000000AD443D5

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52251824

Faulting module name: TitlerCreator.dll, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5225108b

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000043d5

Faulting process id: 0x27c4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf50362d4954b8

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\TitlerCreator.dll

Report Id: 272de427-be53-11e3-be81-c81f66abbe4a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52251824

Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2bcac

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x00000000000761c9

Faulting process id: 0xf4c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf529e81a9051d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll

Report Id: 422270fa-be96-11e3-be82-c81f66abbe4a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

patrickj67

More questions to come, but first - you say "random crashes". Does that means that you can be doing an assortment of project operations and get crash? No particular activity associated with crash more often than not...like creation titles, applying transitions, applying effects, etc.?

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
            the_wine_snob Level 9

PatrickJ67,

Is the faulting module always TitlerCreator?

If so, one of the prime causes of a failure in the Premiere Titler is a corrupt, or otherwise bad font - and that font does not even need to be used by Titler - just installed in the system.

If the TitlerCreator is always mentioned, then this Tips & Tricks article might provide some help: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/479026?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
              A.T. Romano Level 7

patrickj67

While we await further details from you on your Premiere Elements 12 issue, just one quick question

"Do you have either the iLivid or Lightroom software installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12?"

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
                WhiteLeroy

I am also experiencing crashes in Premiere Elements 12.1 on Windows 8.1.

I can re-create the crash. I create 4 audio and video tracks. Then I place a video on each track. Then as soon as I grab the red cursor and try to move it left or right the program crashes. I am not using any effects or text. Just raw AVCHD and an MP3 soundtrack.

I do not have iLivid or Lightroom.

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
                  WhiteLeroy Level 1

Premiere Elements has encountered an error.

[C:\PRE12\main\MediaCore\AudioRenderer\API\Inc\AudioBuffer/AudioSubBuffer.

---------

I played around a bit and it turns out that Premiere was having a problem with one of the videos. I removed the video from the project and re-added it and now no more crashing. Not sure what that was all about. Same video file just re-added it. Glad it didn't start doing that when I was almost done editing.

• 6. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

WhiteLeroy

Could you give us more information on the properties of that video that you targeted as the reason for the

[C:\PRE12\main\MediaCore\AudioRenderer\API\Inc\AudioBuffer/AudioSubBuffer.

I had not seen the .....\Audio Buffer\AudioSubBuffer error until a recent post. And, then, removal of audio solved the problem. No transitions or trimming of the audio was involved then. 

Now you seem to be relating a video removal/reimport with an audio error type.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
                      WhiteLeroy Level 1

There were 2 files that I pulled and re-added to the project that stopped the crashing. They were all from the same night of recording. They are AVCHD (.MTS) video files coming from a Panasonic HC-X920 camcorder. I recorded in the 1080/60p (28Mbps/VBR) format. If I right-click (on the 1st file) in Windows go to Properties it says:

Video ---

Length  22:49

Frame width  1920

Frame height  1080

Data rate  24203kbps

Total bitrate  24587kbps

Frame rate  59 frames/second

Audio ---

Bit rate  384kbps

Channels  6

Audio sample rate  48 kHz

It's worth noting that I had a recording problem that night. I'm pretty sure the battery ran out so the 2nd file got cut off. I thought maybe that had something to do with it but the 1st and 2nd file both cause the problem in Premiere. (I just tried them both again individually) The 1st file was recorded earlier in the night so the camcorder should have finalized that video clip onto the memory card successfully. I don't think we can blame that.

Also worth noting: One time, as I played around, I disabled all of the video files in the project then re-enabled them, and the crash didn't happen. The next time I tried it it didn't work, although I enabled the clips in a different order.

Note to self: 1st file is 00006.MTS and 2nd file is 00007a.MTS, both from 4/22/2014.

• 8. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
                        WhiteLeroy Level 1

Alright well today I started editing the project. I was able to play back footage from within Premiere from the 1st file just fine. Then I did a Delete Empty Tracks and Add Track (quantity 1). After that I get crashing again.

• 9. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
                          WhiteLeroy Level 1

It's worth noting that I moved the two files in question to the new track. So maybe it's not the two files but rather the new track that's the problem.

Well now I'm getting crashing with another file on another track. If unlink the audio and video and delete the audio track then it doesn't crash. This is getting really ridiculous.

• 10. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

WhiteLeroy

Thanks for your recent posts detailing your TImeline issues. Because of the varied remedies and setbacks with which you are dealing with, let us recap for a moment about some basics so as not to take anything for granted.

Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8.1 64 bit

1. What is the video card/graphics card that the computer uses and is it up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? Does you Device Manager/Display Adapters area show 1 or 2 cards?

2. Review your settings under Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware ASIO Settings.

3. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if necessary, the whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

4. Do a ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry part)

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

5. Assure that you do not have pile up of preview files, conformed audio files, or conformed video files.

See Libraries\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0 and Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folders (for preview files), Media Cache Files Folder (for conformed audio cfa and pek).

See Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and the Media Cache Database area Clean button.

6. Generally check Scratch Disks for location and free space at the location to which each is directed.

See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

7. General question...how project specific have these issues become?

Please review and let us rule these factors in or out.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 11. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
                              WhiteLeroy Level 1

1. AMD Radeon 6950

2. Default Device: Premiere Elements WDM Sound

Enabled Devices:

Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)

There are 3 other devices in list but they are disabled.

Device 32-bit Playback unselected

Buffer Size: 2048

3. Did not help

4. I ran a regular and registry clean using ccleaner.

I modified the regular scan by removing Firefox, Opera, and Chrome items from the list.

I do not want that information removed.

Did not help

5. I don't understand what is being asked.

The directory

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0

has size 12.7MB

The directory (Media Cache Datbabase)

C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

has size 11.0GB

I just cleaned the media cache database and now it has size 4.47GB.

Did not help

6. There are 6 sections to this preferences panel. They all show 164.9GB available.

7. I don't know how to answer that.

• 12. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

WhiteLeroy

Thanks for the follow ups. The Adobe forum updates and related issues seem to have contributed to a gap in the communications.

I have an idea for you to consider and try to determine if it works for you.

You say that you are using Panasonic's AVCHD.mts 1080p60 with 5.1 channel audio. What have you been using as the project preset to match the properties of that source media?

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p60

I suspect so since there is no AVCHD 1080p60 5.1 channel as is comparable for what Adobe offers for 1080i. So, what about us creating a AVCHD 1080p6- 5.1 channel project preset for you to use for this project? I have a blog post on the how to for that. It is easy to do.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Exporting a 1080p50 or 1080p60 file with 5.1 Channel Audio

I am making this suggested based on my understanding that, if you started a new project, you get the same issues and errors messages that you are getting with the problem project that you have described.

Please review and then let us know the results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: Premier Elements 12 randomly crashing
                                  WhiteLeroy Level 1

I created a new project preset in a text editor as described by your link. However I don't have any method to re-create the problems I was having from a new project. What I do have is an existing project that is giving me problems. If I start over from scratch I'm not sure how I'd go about getting it to break again (using the old preset) so that I can compare it with the new preset.