5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 11:10 AM by goblynn93

I cancelled my CC subscription today

goblynn93

I feel like a fool for having ever signed up for Adobe's Creative Cloud. I cancelled today after 5 months. I will stick to CS6 until its lack of updates renders it useless. I didn't like the subscription concept from Day 1 and I should have listened to my instincts. Problems with subscription activation at inopportune times has cost me some work and lost me a lot of money. I was able to get over my extreme dislike for the subscription model but the draconian requirement to be online has really killed this product for me.

I am sad and I feel like I've been abandoned by Adobe after years of faithfully upgrading product liscenses.

The lack of local tec support is also a problem for me. I live in the United States, and I pay United States dolars to a United States company I should have the option to talk to Unites States based tec support.

• 1. Re: I cancelled my CC subscription today
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

the draconian requirement to be online

Can you elaborate?

Cloud members with an annual membership only need to be online every 99 days or so for a license check.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

"Do I need ongoing Internet access to use my Adobe Creative Cloud desktop applications?

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html#No. Your Creative Cloud desktop applications (such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator) are installed directly on your computer, so you won't need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis.

An Internet connection is required the first time you install and license your desktop apps, but you can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license. The desktop apps will attempt to validate your software licenses every 30 days.

For annual members, you can use the apps for up to 99 days in offline mode. Month-to-month members can use the software for up to 30 days in offline mode."

• 2. Re: I cancelled my CC subscription today
            goblynn93 Level 1

Exactly. Maybe you missed it? You just mentioned it yourself!

Every 99 days "or so" for me has been a once a month hassle at the least. I am constantly having to "deactivate/reactivate" my account because something goes awry and I can no longer access the software. This requires that I be online.

Not everyone can be online all the time every day. Most of the time I don't have internet access at work. I do realize the suite does not require "all the time every day" connection. But when I am out in the field working and all of a sudden the suite won't start because of some issue or another and internet is required to fix that; it can be a big problem. I often don't have internet and I've lost work and clients because of Adobe's CC subscription scheme.

My brand new laptop which I bought in December and installed CC on sits at home. I haven't even turned it on in 3 months because CS6 is so much more reliable and has never cost me a client.

• 3. Re: I cancelled my CC subscription today
              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't think I missed it. I'm saying that every 99 days or so is normal for most. That's my experience.

I'm saying there's no draconian requirement. It's the exception, not the rule. For some reason, you seem to have issues with constant activation/deactivation but that's not by design.

I'm grateful that I'm in the lucky category because, although I often read about this in the forums, I've never gone through it myself - and never want to.

• 4. Re: I cancelled my CC subscription today
                goblynn93 Level 1

Every 99 days or so, even at every 99 days or so, is still a problem... by design or not there is issues and the system Adobe has does not work for me.

I don't use any other software that is this crazy. I'll pay for a USB key to get around the internet requirements, like -most- software, but Adobe doesn't offer this.

I do -not- like Cloud -anything-. I want local files, install disks, perpetual liscences. This move to subscriptions is creating problems.

Stop defending Adobe products if you've never had an issue yet you seem to be reading about them "often" in the forums.

I did NOT want a subscription.

I got past my reservations and bought into it anyway.

And I got screwed.

Creative Cloud Suite failed. Multiple times. And I have gotten rid of it.

• 5. Re: I cancelled my CC subscription today
                  goblynn93 Level 1

I think you might have the wrong definition of "draconian" as well...

The results of not following the online requirements are termination of your abiltiy to use the softare. That is fairly draconian by definition.

draconian: very severe or cruel

The rules aren't "miss your activation check and you have another 30 days notice before you're deactivated". That would be non-draconian.

Its not the frequency. Its the punishment.