0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 10:25 AM by csgossett

CS5 Photoshop/Bridge/Suite not working on new Retina Macbook Pro, running Mavericks 10.9.2

csgossett

I recently purchased a new Retina MacBook Pro laptop running Mavericks OS X 10.9.2. I had Apple perform a data migration of all my apps and files from my older laptop onto the new one. Now when I go to open Photoshop CS5 I receive the following error message, "Could not synchronize the color settings because of a program error." Photoshop will then open but I can't do anything in the app. When I go to quit Photoshop I get this error message: "Could not save Preferences because the file is locked or you do not have the necessary access privileges. Use the 'Get Info' command in the Finder to unlock the file or change permissions on the file or enclosing folders."

I am able to open Bridge, however the app in entiretly is noticeably lo-res and pixelated looking, so clearly something is not up to speed there either.

InDesign and Illustrator are also having issues.

I have run the System Update and it does not show anything in the CS5 Suite needing to be updated.

Please advise! Thank you.