Today we're pleased to announce that the next version of AIR is available for immediate download.
Please note that the AIR Runtime and SDK version number has now been increased to 13, bringing it in sync with Flash Player.
This update includes the following fixes and security updates:
Security update details can be found here: Security Bulletin (APSB14-09)
- Enhanced Supplementary Character Support for TextField
Characters from the Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP) with Unicode code points between U+10000 and U+10FFFF now work correctly in TextField controls. This change greatly enlarges the code point range we support, and now includes characters like emoticons and complex CCJK characters.
- New Stage3D Texture Wrapping Modes
Developers can currently set the wrapping mode of a texture to either clamp or repeat. Using the repeat option will repeat the texture on both the U and V axis. However, in some use cases, you may only want to repeat the texture on either the u or v axis.
This is now possible with the introduction of two new parameters: REPEAT_U_CLAMP_V and CLAMP_U_REPEAT_V
- Stage3D Anti-Aliasing for Texture Rendering
Anti-Aliasing is a useful for improving perceived image quality. Hardware based Multisampling Anti-Aliasing (MSAA) is now available on all desktop platforms. To enable MSAA, set the level from 0 to 4 using the antiAlias property of the Context3D.setRenderToTexture() method.
0 = 1 subsample, no antialiasing
1 = 2 subsamples, minimum quality antialiasing
2 = 4 subsamples, medium quality antialiasing
3 = 8 subsamples, high quality antialiasing
4 = 16 subsamples, maximum quality antialiasing
- GamePreview with Adobe AIR
Adobe AIR’s new Game Preview feature (for Android platforms only) lets users try your game and experience it first hand without installing a separate application. This feature is not restricted to games built using AIR but is available to all developers, irrespective of the technology that you may use to build your application. The fact that the AIR runtime is installed on more than 50 million devices, greatly multiplies the chances of your game being previewed and subsequently installed by game enthusiasts. Please see Game Preview With Adobe AIR for more details.
- Improved Packaging Engine - iOS - BETA
The new packaging engine is now more stable and works fine with a large number of apps. We have now added support for Action Script debugging and Advanced Telemetry support. To enable this feature, please use "-useLegacyAOT no" in the ADT command, before the signing options. As of now, this feature is not available within Flash Pro but it can still be used with Flash builder by adding the parameter -useLegacyAOT under the "Customize launch" option.
Here is an example ADT command for compiling an applications using “-useLegacyAOT no":
adt -package -target ( ipa-test | ipa-debug | ipa-app-store | ipa-ad-hoc) -useLegacyAOT no -provisioning-profile -keystore -storetype pkcs12 -storepass xxxx HelloWorld.ipa Helloworld-app.xml HelloWorld.swf
- 3674152 : MOUSE_MOVE not dispatched when middle mouse button held down on OS X
- 3679036 : missing chinese font in Android 4.4
- 3697497 : [iOS] Icon 60x60 support should be added for iPhones with iOS7.
- 3705986 : [iOS] New packaging engine fails to package KingsRoad
- 3696434 : [iOS] -useLegacyAOT no doesn't seem to work when Debugging on Device
- 3658334 : [iOS]Stage goes blank after device rotation
- 3689122 : [iOS]StageText charcode always return 0 on iOS.
- 3722002 : Not able to debug AIR app in iOS iPhone Simulator after updating Xcode to 5.1
- 3681900 : Deprecated API usage for QuickTime in AIR runtime
- 3693068 - [Android] Android 4.2.2 update causes AIR to show black screen on launch.
- 3721303 - Compile-ABC crashes while packaging Nape ipa
- 3727760 - Not able to debug AIR app in iOS Simulator from Flash Builder when Xcode below 5.x is installed.
- 3727254 - Debugging - change in variable value doesn't get reflected during debugging.
- 3728052 - Not able to debug/launch iPad iOS Simulator from Flash Builder
AIR 13 runtime for Windows: 18.104.22.168 Runtime Download
AIR 13 runtime for Macintosh: 22.214.171.124 Runtime Download
AIR 13 SDK & Compiler for Windows: 126.96.36.199 SDK & Compiler Download
AIR 13 SDK & Compiler for Macintosh: 188.8.131.52 SDK & Compiler Download
Note: To provide all the all the necessary tools for our developers in one place and avoid having to download multiple components, we are packaging Adobe AIR 13 SDK and ActionScript Compiler 2.0 in a single SDK called “Adobe AIR 13 SDK & Compiler”.
AIR SDK 13 (Compatible with Flex) for Windows: 184.108.40.206 SDK Windows Download
AIR SDK 13 (Compatible with Flex) for Macintosh: 220.127.116.11 SDK Macintosh Download
Previous versions of the AIR runtime and SDK can be found on the Archived AIR SDK and Runtimes page