19 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2014 12:42 PM by BryanP68 Branched to a new discussion.

Installation issues in corporate environment

Tom Etterler

Hi all.

I´m a system administrator in a large enterprise with aprox. 12.000 windows clients. Amongst others, I´m responable for the distribution of software updates (Operating System, MS Office and the Adobe products Acrobat and Flash). Since yesterday we have a massive problem with the latest security update for flash player activeX. As usual we pull all available adobe updates via SCUP (System Center Updates Publisher) and publish them in SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager). After that, I create an update group in SCCM, create a deployment package and deploy the package.

Unfortunately the update fails on about 50 - 60 % of the windows clients. The situation is very strange on those machines where the update fails, because the software center tells that the package is installed and in "programs and features" the new 13.0.0.182 flash player is listed. But the Flash control panel applet tells that there is no activeX version installed

Flash.jpg

There is also no Flash64_13_0_0_182.ocx in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash (and no Flash32_13_0_0_182.ocx in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash) and no other flash ocx at all.

We also distribute the new flash player plugin update in the same deployment package. It installs flawlessly.

Because of this issue I have stopped the distribution of the activeX update until I have a solution. In my opinion it is a bug in the installation package.

Our clients use MS Windows 7 64-bit EN SP1 with MS SCCM 2012 installed