2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2014 7:29 AM by A.T. Romano

adding my own music

chillinpr

Just bought this program premiere elements 12 so I can make a movie of my kids soccer games and I can not figure out how to add my own music.

• 1. Re: adding my own music
          nealeh Level 5

Pretty much drag and drop provided your music files are in an appropriate format. WAV is best, but MP3 also work. If your music is on CD you'll need to rip it - the free Exact Audio Copy program is ideal. If they are in iTunes in an iTunes format you'll need to convert them first.  Here's the Apple note on how to do it http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1550.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: adding my own music
            A.T. Romano Level 7

chillinpr

Regarding your message "adding my own music", what is your situation?

a. your own music files will not import into the program...error message about format or codec issue

or

b. you do not know what choice to make in the Premiere Elements workspace Add Media/

If your music source is iTunes, you may or may not have to convert that to .mp3 or .wav in iTunes.

Where is your audio now

a. Audio CD (.cda file)

b. Audio File Saved to Computer hard drive (.mp3 or .wav)

c. On an unprotected CD (.mp3 or .wav)?

You would use Add Media/Files and Folders to bring the music file into Project Assets from where you can drag it to the soundtrack.

(The music can go onto other audio tracks in the workspace, but is not suggested unless indicated by your workflow.)

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

ATR