2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2014 9:24 AM by Bill Gehrke

Laptop specs query for PrPro - Dell (below system requirements)

Hi. I received a laptop with the below specs at work. I'd like to use Adobe Premiere Pro CC for basic video editing with GoPro 3 and iPhone 5 footage. Nothing for broadcast or overly complicated. The monitor appears to have a resoution of 1366 x 768, and not the 1280 x 900 specified on the Premiere Pro system requirements.

I already have a CC subscription, hence me wanting to use Premiere Pro and not purchase Elements (despite my previous post in the Elements forum). Will the application actually work with that resolution? I'm more than happy to connect an external display with a res of 1280 x 900 and work on that if it'll help (at the risk of betraying my newbie status with that comment, and if the AMD Radeon will support it). Also, I realise the HDD is only 5400 rpm, not the specified 7200, so I'm aware it's not ideal for editing, but it's for hobby edit use - the company already purchased the laptop, so I want to make it work. Again, only for basic to mid-level video editing, with speed not too much of a concern (within reason of course).

Later on I'll upgrade the RAM to 16GB, but not quite yet. If the editing bug bites, which I'm sure it will, a more powerful machine is obviously the answer, but again, not a real possibility at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any advice on whether this setup will work.

Inspiron 3537: Intel Core i7-4500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz), 15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768), AMD Radeon HD 8870M 2GB GDDR5, 8192MB (2x4096) 1600MHz DDR3L, 1TB Serial ATA (5400RPM), Wifi & BT , Internal DVD+/-RW, Win 8 64bit