3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2014 2:29 PM by Peter Spier

To Center images…?

straightlife Level 1

Here's my problem.  I can't use the top ruler because I can't do the math.

I want to center the image and text here.

here's a screenshot.  ignore the line down the "center." It's not the center.  I put it there usiing a hand ruler directly on the screen.  Be kind. I'm a moron. Help me out?

Remember: I can't do math!

Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 8.33.44 AM.png
        • 1. Re: To Center images…?
          SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm kind of confused as to what you are trying to center, and what you are trying to center it on. If you are centering it relative to the full page, there is a button for that in the align dialog. If not, draw a box equal to the space you want to center in, then click it an extra time so it highlights as a key object. Centering will then leave that object where it is, moving the other selected itmes to align with it.

• 2. Re: To Center images…?
            straightlife Level 1

A friend of mine who doesn't even KNOW indesign made the same suggestion!  I mean the "draw a box" suggestions.  Thanks!  I still wish I could create a moveable "ruler" ... 

• 3. Re: To Center images…?
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

In the Align panel you also have the choice to align a single object to the page or the margins (that works for multipl items, too, but it's a handy way to align something centered to the page or to the margins without needing an extra frame).