10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2014 5:00 PM by A.T. Romano

Disk Menue

felge Level 1

I am using Elements 11 and have problems with the diskmenue. After doing all nessacary steps (positioning of menue marks on the timeline, selection of a disk menue, giving titels and so on) I hit the "finish"-button and nothing happens. I cannot find the mainmenue or the scenemenue on the timeline and by running the film it is not to be seen as well.

I wonder by positioning a background picture into the mainmenue or scenemenue it is not possible to mark the button " using a picture". Do I there something wrong??

• 1. Re: Disk Menue
          A.T. Romano Level 7

felge

Once you have customized your disc menu in the Movie Menu section of the program and clicked Done there, you will not see it again. Your opportunity to check it out is in the Movie Menu section Preview before you click Done. Your command Done in Movie Menu section finalizes the Movie Menu creation for the project.

The Movie Menu previews are not always of the greatest quality but it is your opportunity to overview the menu created and evaluate the navigation buttons.

Please let me know if I have interpreted your question correctly.

Your statement

I cannot find the mainmenue or the scenemenue on the timeline and by running the film it is not to be seen as well.

influenced by response.

Just in case

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS09e4b3c48f3a79fc19b622510385d4355c-7e 0c.html

Please review and consider. We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Disk Menue
            felge Level 1

Many thanks, I think that will do it

• 3. Re: Disk Menue
              A.T. Romano Level 7

felge

Thanks for the reply.

Any further questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 4. Re: Disk Menue
                felge Level 1

Am 10.04.2014 21:54, schrieb A.T. Romano:

>

Re: Disk Menue

created by A.T. Romano <http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in

/Premiere Elements/ - View the full discussion

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/6286992#6286992

• 5. Re: Disk Menue
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

felge

I saw your reply (numbered 4), but no message got posted.

Please try again when you get a chance.

I hope the message has good news.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Disk Menue
                    felge Level 1

<<<    second transmission

• 7. Re: Disk Menue
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

felge

Please review your sendings. The recent messages are not getting through.

You did fine with the posting initially. Did you change anything in the sending routine. Did you go from computer browser to cell phone sending by any chance?

Since you did OK initially, please think back to what you used then and try again.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Disk Menue
                        felge Level 1

Am 14.04.2014 22:01, schrieb A.T. Romano:

>

Re: Disk Menue

created by A.T. Romano <http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in

/Premiere Elements/ - View the full discussion

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/6297965#6297965

• 9. Re: Disk Menue
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

This is the Reply, that should have posted:

Hello A.T. Romano,

Sorry for the unconviniency with the failed messages, I used indeed e-mail!

Since your last mail, I followed your instructions, tested my settings carefully in the disk menue preview und finished the setting with the "done"-button . Lateron I exported the completed video to a disk as well as to my computer hard disk drive.

Now I have two questions to be confirmed or to comment on:

1.     The disk runs without problems on my disk player and shows the video on my tv-screen.

As long as I do not push the "disk menue"-button on the remote control of my disk player, the video starts with the title and the first clips and runs perfectely to the end but without showing anything of the disk menue.

Otherwise, if I push the "disk menue"-button, it will start with the disk menue as customized. All disk menue functions are working well as intendet.

I assume, that is the way as it should work. Am I right??

2.     The export to my hard disk drive allows to run the video on my computer screen without problems.

But the disk menue is not seen at all. Maybe I do not know the corresponding key function on my computer to let the disk menue function show up.

Is such a key function available or is it not possible to use the disk menue function of videos stored on a hard disk drive?

I would appreciate it very much to have the disk menue function available on hard disk drives, because in most cases I intend to store my videos on a multi media player, to show them on my home tv-screen.

This is therefore an important feature for me.

Again, many thanks for your kind and competant comments

felge

Hunt

• 10. Re: Disk Menue
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

felge

I have already sent you this reply, using the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum Private Message System. Since Hunt has decided to post your message to me, I am posting in your thread the reply that I sent to you via private message just a short time ago this evening.

felge

Thanks for getting through to us. We appreciate your follow up.

Adobe offers disc menus only for burn to end products. The one exception is the webDVD feature which is in reality a flash file with menus. There is no menu available for anything else in the way of Premiere Elements exports.

With regard to the disc menu that you created for your project. If you set scene markers on your Timeline, then you should have a main menu page and a scene menu page. When you insert the DVD disc in the player, you should see only the main menu page which should have at least two buttons, Play Movie or Scene Selection. If you select Play Movie, then the whole movie plays from beginning to end and returns to the main menu page at the end. It is only when you select the main menu's Scene Selection Button that you will be taken to the Scene Menu from where to select specific scenes in the movie to view. On the Scene Menu, there should be a button to get you back to the main menu page. All of that assumes no stop markers on the Timeline.

All of the can be altered if you have stop markers on the Timeline. And, there are all sorts of variations for "bonus items" and such where you would get into Timeline main menu markers.

Either by private message or posting in the thread, please detail how you set up your menu in the disc menu customization area as well as what menu markers were placed in the Timeline content. With that information, I can fine tune what I see as expectations for navigating your menu with the Remote of your player.

Thanks.

ATR

As always, any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR