• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What program do I need to re-download Elements 11

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have winzip but cannot download Photoshop Elements 11.  Is there another program that I need to do this?  Apparently the file archive part of the adobe Photoshop Elements 11 is missing.  How do I get that part?  I did get a message from WinZip that "Error Loading Sourse Application Ribbon". .

Vincent Edward  <email removed by mod - kglad>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download both the exe (file 2 of 2) and the 7z (file 1 of 2).

you need no program to extract anything.  those are self-extracting files.

You can download some of the older versions of Adobe software directly from the Adobe website. See the following links for details.

Accessible from these pages:

Downloads available:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I have downloaded twice and it downloads into my download file. I just upgraded my os windows XP to Windows 7 and most everything is working fine. However, I cannot seem to down load the programs from Adobe.

Ed Walsh Vincent Edward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens when you try to download those 2 pse 11 files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad,

Thanks again for the response. I have now gone through the process Three times. Each time It takes about 20 minutes for the download of the first file and just second for the second file. I have tried the save for each of the them, the run for each of them, and the save and run for each of them. In all of these case, I get the same response. It says that:

“The File archive part of Adobe Photoshop Elements is missing. You need all parts in the same folder in order to extract the Adobe Photoshop Elements download parts.”

I have gone over all of the material and do not know what else I can do.

Ed Walsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you save both of them, what files are saved (name and extension) and what are their file sizes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad

The files that get down loaded are as follows.

PhotoshopElements 11LS15.7z 4/11/2014 8:42 AM WinZip File 1/035/028 KB and

PhoitoshopElements_11_WWEFDJ (3).exe 4/11/2014 8:43 AM Application 1,241 KB

Ed Walsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rename PhoitoshopElements_11_WWEFDJ (3).exe to PhotoshopElements_11_WWEFDJ.exe

make sure the exe and 7z are in the same directory.

click the exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad,

I did as you suggested in the Download folder. But the result is the same. It is looking for the “file Archive”.. Where do I find the “file archive”? The message that I am getting is:

“The file archive part of Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 is missing. You need all parts in the same folder to extract Adobe Elements Photoshop 11. Please download all parts.”

How and where do I get the file archive?

Ed Walsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vincent Edward which web browser and version do you have installed?  Do you have any download management add-ons or any toolbars installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only Browser I have is Internet Explorer. I am not aware of any add-ons or toolbars installed.

Ed Walsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Internet Explorer are you using Vincent?  If you go to Help it should be listed under About Internet Explorer.

You may want to try a different web browser if you are continuing to have difficulties with the files you downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

The version of Internet Explorer that I am using is 11. I haven’t had any difficulty except with Adobe elements. Even with that, the problem is that is “ The file archive part of the Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 is missing. You need all parts in the same folder to extract Adobe Photoshop Elements 11. Please download all parts”. This is the message every time I download Adobe. What is this Archive they are referring to and where can it be obtained?

Vincent.

Ed Walsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the archive is the 7z file, PhotoshopElements 11LS15.7z

is that in the same directory with PhotoshopElements_11_WWEFDJ.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad,

Yes, in Local disk (C:) Users> Edward> Downloads, I have both those files. They were both dated 4/11/2014. PhotoshopElements_11_LS15.7z is a WinZip File 1,035,028 KB. The other is PhotoshopElements_11_WWEFDJ.EXE IS AN APPLICATION File 1,241 KB.

Thanks for your assistance on this.

Ed Walsh Vincent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those both look like they're the correct size, but apparently that 7z file is corrupt.

retry downloading the 7z file after renaming or deleting your current 7z file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but I have done that at least four times. I will let you know the results.

Ed Walsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad,

I deleted the previous efforts and saved both files for Photoshop Elements 11 download. I then doubled clicked on the Application file, PhotoshopElements_11_ WWEFDJ exe, 1,241 KB. The other file is PhotoshopElements_11_LS15.7z which is a WinZip file, 1,035,028 KB. This is consistent with the previous efforts. And I got the same results. Please see the attachment.

Ed Walsh.Vincent Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see different file sizes,

the exe:  1.21 MB (1,270,024 bytes)

the   7z:  0.98 GB (1,059,868,077 bytes)

and i see the same error message.

try a different browser.

or if you follow all 7 steps you can directly download a trial here:  http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-11-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.html

and activate with your serial number.

if you have a problem starting the download, you didn't follow all 7 steps, or your browser does not accept cookies. 

the most common problem is caused by failing to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 (which adds a cookie to your system enabling you to download the correct version from adobe.com). 

failure to obtain that cookie results in an error page being displayed after clicking a link on prodesigntools.com or initiates the download of an incorrect (eg, current) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad,

The two files you refer to are all that is offered. Yes the execute file is very small at 1.21 Megabytes and the other is about one 1000 times larger. That has been established from the beginning. As far as the steps for the download Is concerned, any customer is limited as to what they can do. You click on the product that you wish and it downloads. In this case there is something missing. That something is “The file Archive part of Adobe Photoshop” It is reasonable to assume that Adobe would provide that part as the customer is unlikely to even know what it is or what it is used for. I cannot imagine what Browser cookies have to do with this at all. By the way I have another computer with Photoshop 11 at our location that is working just fine on Windows 7. Why are we having difficulty with this one?

Ed Walsh /Vincent Edward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reviewing the information below It appears that the problem seems to be “Akamai Download Manager” I will see if I can get this somewhere.

Ed Walsh Vincent Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re-read message 18 and download directly from prodesigntools.com instead of using the adobe.com link in message 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if the Adobe company uses the Akamai Download manager. I apparently do not have it in my computer. I will Look in to this matter.

Ed Walsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad,

Apparently the problem is that the Akamai program is not downloading with the Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 download. Since I have installed Windows 7 there is no previous copy of this program on my computer. That being the case, the Akamai Download System Manager should have been automatically downloaded and it did not. How can this problem be corrected or how can get the Akamai program downloaded to my computer.

Ed Walsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad,

When I try that link, I get permission denied. Furthermore, I have no idea what the seven steps you are referring to are. I have tried other ways to access the trial for Photoshop 11 and all I get is the download to the Download folder. I have not found any way to cause it to progress any further. That is only two steps. I have tried to use WinZip to de-compress the file but that does not work. In my efforts I have ended up with downloading the trial for Elements 12 both Photoshop and Premiere. That seems to work. But of course I will have to pay for that after a month and reorganize the files. There is something definitely wrong with the download of Photoshop Elements 11 that should be corrected.

I do appreciate the efforts that you have made in assisting me in this matter. However, there is a problem that should be corrected so that someone else does not run in to the hours of lost time I have spent on this.

By the way, I still have to download the Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro. Apparently that is no longer available. The new down load for Acrobat pro is about $200.00. That is pricy for a program that I use about 6 or 7 times a year.

As you know I became driven to these re-installations because of the required upgrading my Operating System from Windows XP to Windows 7. That requires deletion of all programs and their reinstallation. This would not be a problem if the original Adobe programs had been supported by CD disks. Without the disks, I can only hope that Adobe will support the re-download of the programs. Though that was available with Elements 11, It does not work. It is not likely there is a problem with my equipment or Operating System because Adobe is the only one I have had difficulty with. I should point out that I use many different programs for teaching, safety and navigation from Large companies and small. You have good products, however, your support has been disappointing.

Ed Walsh/ Vincent Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines