3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2014 7:13 PM by JJMack

How to manage automated batch processing with save for web?

littlelili Level 1

Hi All,

This has been driving me insane. I am currently in PhotoshopCC and I know that several versions back I had no problems doing this but now I cannot create a generic action that I can then have save out to different folders.

What I used to be able to do and want to do again:

I have a project that requires me to turn a print magazine into a website quarterly. I receive the files packaged from InDesign and I want to process the images to specific sizes and then save as web optimized.

For each article I want to be able to select the source folder and then a unique folder to save to for each article, so that optimized  images for each article remain with the article files.

I never had an issue  doing this until a version or two back, since then I can only create an action that will save for web to whatever folder is in the action.

I resorted to using image processing scripts and never realized I was not resampleing  the images down to 72 dpi and am having an attack of how could I be so stupid.

If anyone can direct me to creating an action that can accomplish the save for web with the ability to control what folder my files save to I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rose