4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2014 4:41 AM by Peter Spier

Move objects

ecolen

Hi, when I move the objects I only see the borders, not my images. It's pretty annoying

Where can I adjust it so I see my objects while moving. I can't find it...

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: Move objects
          Salah Fadlabi Level 5

Edit>preferences>interface>live screen drawing>immediate

• 2. Re: Move objects
            ecolen Level 1

HERO!!!!!!

• 3. Re: Move objects
              Migintosh Level 4

I'm not sure I understand. People sometimes come to ask why the frame stays in place when the content moves. Is that what you mean? If so, there is a thing called the Content Grabber that looks like a donut in the middle of an image frame when you mouse over the frame. If you drag while the cursor is an arrow, it will move the frame and content together. If you move the cursor close enough to the donut, the cursor will change to a hand, and you can move the image within the non-moving frame, and anything outside of the frame's edges will be cropped (visually, but it's still there).

ss.png

If you don't want this, you can go to View>Extras>Hide Content Grabber.

If you meant something different than what I explained, please come back with more info.

EDIT: I see you got an answer while I was typing, so…nevermind.

• 4. Re: Move objects
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Rather than set Live screen drawing to immediate, which can slow down performance, you can leave it at delayed, but click and hold a moment before dragging to see the content move withthe frame the same way you do with Immediate. This is called Patient User Mode.