10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2014 10:34 AM by A.T. Romano

No Sound on Clips

oldscotsbloke

I get no sound on the timeline of Premier Elements 12 when I insert a .mts or m2ts clip.

• 1. Re: No Sound on Clips
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

1. First, exactly how did you Import the mts/m2ts Clip into PrE?
          2. Did you allow the program to completely Conform the Audio? For more info on Audio Conforming, see this Tips & Tricks article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3892177#3892177
          3. In the Timeline, do you see a Waveform in the Audio?

Good luck, and let us know a bit more please.

Hunt

• 2. Re: No Sound on Clips
            oldscotsbloke Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

The clip I am experementing with is only 25 seconds long. No matter how long I leave it, it remains silent with no sound waves just a yellow line through the audia and video clip. The clip plays fine in VCL or Media Player.

• 3. Re: No Sound on Clips
              the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, and thanks for that info.

Exactly how did you Import the file into PrE?

Loss of Audio in Premiere (both Elements and Pro) with mts/m2ts files can be caused by only doing a Copy of the media files to the computer, from the memory card, without the full folder structure. That is why I was asking about the steps to get the Clip into PrE.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: No Sound on Clips
                oldscotsbloke Level 1

The clip was just copied from 'stream' on the MC without any memory structure. I have no problem with this clip when editing in Cyberlink 9 (which begs the question of why don't I just use that) however I understood that PrE 12 was the best 'amatuer' programme on the market so i would like to get it to work with it..

• 5. Re: No Sound on Clips
                  oldscotsbloke Level 1

I have also deleted and reloaded the programme and updated it twice.

• 6. Re: No Sound on Clips
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

oldscotsbloke

Please excuse the question, but could you elaborate on "...from "stream" on the MC without any memory structure."?

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

Are you saying that all .mts and .m2ts files present in Premiere Elements 12 without sound or only one? I ask because you wrote " The clip was just copied....." which made me think that just one clip was involved. Can you get video with sound for formats other than those wrapped with .mts and .m2ts? Is the issue will all projects or just one that you are currently working in?

Do you have a properties readout for this file with the audio that is problematic in your Premiere Elements 12?

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: No Sound on Clips
                      oldscotsbloke Level 1

Stream is the name of the folder on the memory card in the camcorder. Windows 7 premium 64. It's all the  clips. All other formats are fine. Also on any project.

Sent from Xperia Z

• 8. Re: No Sound on Clips
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

oldscotsbloke

Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Camcorder: brand/model/settings?

Whichever is more convenient for you...

a. What is the brand/model/setting for the camcorder that is recording this video with either .mts or .m2ts file extension? Are you saying that this one camcorder can give you either or just one? Here I trying to dig into the compatibility of the wrapper (represented by the file extension) that wraps the compression, video and audio.

or

b. What is the MediaInfo (Tree View) properties readout for this video file that presents with no sound in Premiere Elements 12?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

Be on guard for carrry alongs with this download.

What happens if you rename just the file extension of the file before import into Premiere Elements....?

.m2ts to .m2t

.m2ts to .mov

.m2ts to .mp4

.mts to .mov

.mts to .mp4

ATR

• 9. Re: No Sound on Clips
                          Naty777

Hi. I have the same problem. When I import mts or m2ts files in Premiere Elements 12 I do not have sound. There is nothing in the Audio place in the Timeline. When I play the clips in Media Player they have normal audio. The clips were imported with Play Memories Home from Sony HDR-CX330 camera and obtained m2ts files. I tried to import the same video from camera with Premiere Elements 12 (add media/ videos from camera) and obtained mts files. Both without sound in Elements. I've read current discussion but still did not find the solution. Please help.

• 10. Re: No Sound on Clips
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Naty777

Please put the problem video through the codec utility named GSpot and then let us know what the readouts are for Audio Name and Status as well as

Video Name Codec Status.

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

What are your Sony HDR-CX330 settings

AVCHD, not MP4, 1920 x 1080p60

Dolby Digital 2 channel, not MPEG4 AAC-LC 2 channel?

What computer operating system are you using? Have you updated Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 yet? If not, please do so.

Thanks.

ATR