4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2014 9:39 AM by John Mensinger

Image Coming out blurry!

JoeSaunders

I want to put this image in a document: http://gothenburggaa.com/images/coaching/punt_kick_900.png. When I put it in it comes out blurry. Would really appreciate a quick response. Any tips?

• 1. Re: Image Coming out blurry!
          John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Not sure what you mean by "comes out blurry."

If you mean the way it looks on-screen after you place it in InDesign, check your display settings: View > Display Performance > High Quality Display. Also, bear in mind that the preview InDesign presents is not the original image, but a JPEG preview. There is nothing to be gained by evaluating the on-screen apperance of images in InDesign. Export to PDF and/or print before judging.

"Comes out" seems to suggest printed output. If that's where you're seeing an undesirable result, ensure you've got enough resolution to accommodate the output device, and check the print setting at Graphics > Images > Send Data...  The (silly) default is "Optimized Subsampling." Change that to "All".

• 2. Re: Image Coming out blurry!
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Of course you actually have permission to use this image, right?

For the best quality preview in ID set  View > Display Performance > High Quality Display. That won't help much, though, if you are scaling this up.

• 3. Re: Image Coming out blurry!
              JoeSaunders Level 1

I have done that, it's still a bit blurry...

• 4. Re: Image Coming out blurry!
                John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

JoeSaunders wrote:

I have done that, it's still a bit blurry...

Ok well, if you're not willing to be any more descriptive about the nature of the problem and the results of following the advice you've received, I don't imagine this thread will progress any further.