1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 11, 2014 1:58 PM by brian.filipiak

Using Number Selection Drop Down to do Show/Hide Logic

dt007

Hi,

I am trying to use the drop down menu, or multiple choice menu to allow for show/hide logic. However, I cannot figure out how to have the choice of 1, only show the first name/nationality/ownership line (3 values). If they select two, then it would show the first and second lines containing name/nationality/ownership (basically 6 values). It seems like Adobe is saying there is a logic conflict issue. Can anyone help me resolve this??

Example:

Capture.GIF

• 1. Re: Using Number Selection Drop Down to do Show/Hide Logic
          brian.filipiak Level 2

I see you have your rows of information set up already, and I’m assuming your drop-down listis all set, with numbers corresponding to the number of rows you've made in your form. If those two things are true, then you can set your show/hide logic this way. (There may be a less tedious way of doing it, but this way will work):

1. You don’t need to set any logic for your first row.
          2. Select your second row by clicking the first item in the row, holding the shift key, and clicking the last item in the row.
          3. Click the Show/Hide Item checkbox
          4. Set “Show” “Multiple Items” if “any” of the following are met
          5. Set “Select a condition field” drop-down to “How many Members of the Board of Directors does the Company have?” set “is” to “is” and set “Select value” to “2”
          6. Click the Add Condition button
          7. “How many Members of the Board of Directors does the Company have?” is “3”
          8. Click the Add Condition button
          9. “How many Members of the Board of Directors does the Company have?” is “4”, etc., until you’ve gone through the full number of your choices. In your screen shot I can see you have at least 11 rows, so your logic setup would have a line for each of rows two through 11 – or however many rows you have in total.
          10. Click the OK button
          11. Select your third row.
          12. Click the Show/Hide Item checkbox
          13. Set the row to “Show” “Multiple Items” if “any” of the following are met
          14. “How many Members of the Board of Directors does the Company have?” is “3”
          15. Click the Add Condition button
          16. “How many Members of the Board of Directors does the Company have?” is “4”
          17. Click the Add Condition button
          18. “How many Members of the Board of Directors does the Company have?” is “5”, etc., until you’ve gone through the full number of your choices.
          19. Click the OK button and continue moving down your list.

As I said above, there may be an easier way, but this way is certain to work.

I hope that helps,

Brian