Please read carefully: The problem is that the download opens in Chrome automatically and I cannot find a way to open it in Firefox. It isn't a question of finding a way to download for all browsers, it is a problem with the fact that it opens in Chrome no matter what I have done so far.
The download: Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers) is an EXE file. That should open in Windows. If it opens in Chrome, you have file association problems in Windows.
1. Click on the folowing link for thehttp://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/10570-file-extensions-hide-show.html exe - Executable application files registry fix. This will download it's .reg file.
2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.
3. Right click on the downloaded .reg file, and click on Merge.
NOTE: If you wish to see what changes will be made by the REG file, then you can right click on the extracted REG file and click on Edit to see the default registry entries that will be added. REG files are just text files. The "Edit" function just opens them in Notepad.
If you do not see a Merge option when you right click on the REG file, then you will need to check in Default Programs to set the reg file extension to have it's Current Default program set as Registry Editor (C:\Windows\regedit.exe). Afterwards, try merging the REG file again.
4. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK.
NOTE: If you are logged in a standard user account, then you will get a Cannot import type error. Just click on OK for it. This is normal since what cannot be imported can only be done so by an administrator account instead. It will still restore the default association of the file extension though.
5. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip or .reg files on the desktop if you like.
6. Log off and log on, or restart the computer to apply.