3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2014 3:47 PM by A.T. Romano

Verifying my product.

JJJackson

I have installed Adobe Premiere Elements 12 with my serial number. The program starts and I can log in to my account. A window pops up and asks me to verify my serial number. I click verify but nothing happens. The program tells me to connect to the internet!!!! I am connected otherwise I could not log in to my account. I can NOT verify my product. What do I do?

• 1. Re: Verifying my product.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JJJackson

When you get this message to verify your serial number, what is there

a. just a button that is named Verify...if so, what is your alternative to Verify.

or

b. a field in which you are to insert your purchased serial number?

Do you have a router in your computer system? If so, try shutting it off for about 30 seconds and then putting it back on.

Also, what is your default browser. Try emptying the Options/Network/Cache Web Content.

If all else fails, best contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat. To do that, click on the following link. When it opens, click on the question "Still Need Help? Contact Us." to bring up the Adobe Chat to discuss Serial Number Issues or Activating My Product.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

Please let us know the outcome. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask us.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Verifying my product.
            nealeh Level 5

Temporarily disable your anti-virus and firewall, and rename C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to hosts.old. After validation (hopefully it will now work) rename hosts back, and turn back on your firewall and anti-virus.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 3. Re: Verifying my product.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JJJackson

Renaming the hosts file is not one of the Adobe typical suggested fixes for Sign In and Connection issues. It does have suggested troubleshooting involving the hosts file which is found in the following

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Although the above document does not mention Premiere Elements, the document is often referred to by Adobe in Premiere Elements matters that might involve the hosts file.

Basically you want to locate the hosts file and look for entries beyond the defaults. If you see any such entries, then you backup the hosts file and edit the Notepad document for the hosts file by deleting those non default entries.

The default for the hosts file should look like this for Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

hostsfile.JPG

I have written about this previously.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

What antivirus program does your computer use? If McAfee, then before you do any of this, best disable McAfee and determine what effect that has on the issue. McAfee has created some serious Premiere Elements problems lately.

Have you contacted Adobe Chat to get its input on the matter?

Thanks.

ATR