5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2014 7:11 PM by Carl Sun

Can't open the Extension Manager CS6

Civic1500

Hi,

After installation of my new Master Collection CS6 package, I found that I can't launch the Extension Manager. I could see the first screen of the EM but the cursor just running and saying the loading of extension function is in the progress. I wait for an hour but the EM didn't open at all.  Can anyone here could give me a help?

Victor

• 1. Re: Can't open the Extension Manager CS6
          Carl Sun Level 4

1.  Please update Extension Manager CS6 to the latest version 6.0.8. You can download the patch file from http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_updates/ then install it, or you can update it with Adobe Application Manager / Adobe Creative Cloud.

2.  Then launch Extension Manager as administrator for the first time. On Windows, right click EM then select “Run as administrator”; on Mac, use sudo command in Terminal as follows:

•   Run "/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app".

•   Input the following command then press "Return" key. Don't miss the double quotation marks.

•      sudo "/Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CS6/Adobe Extension Manager CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Extension Manager CS6"

•   Input password of administrative user then press "Return" key.

3.  If EM starts up correctly, you don’t have to run it as administrator next time.

• 2. Re: Can't open the Extension Manager CS6
            chyeungc

I can't open EM even using administrator's role.

Victor

• 3. Re: Can't open the Extension Manager CS6
              chyeungc Level 1

Sorry, I finally did it.  Many thanks.

Victor

• 4. Re: Can't open the Extension Manager CS6
                slevine55

I'm having this same issue with Extension Manager CC. I downloaded the latest version and ran the commands above in terminal (suggested by Carl Sun), but neither have fixed the issue. When I open the Extension Manager app, the window opens, but I just get a spinning clock, like the application is loading, but it never actually loads. Opening the Adobe Exchange panel within Photoshop CC also results in a forever spinning loading wheel.

Victor, how were you able to get it to work?

• 5. Re: Can't open the Extension Manager CS6
                  Carl Sun Level 4
                  Please generate log files and send it to exman.beijing@gmail.com.

1. In Terminal window, run the following commands in turn:

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Extension\ Manager\ CC/

mkdir Log

cd Log

touch ExManCoreLibLog.YES

2. Open Finder, hold down "option" key, click menu "Go"->"Library" to go into hidden Library folder, then go to its subfolder "Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log", check whether file ExManCoreLibLog.YES exists.

3. Launch Extension Manager CC.

4. After EM hangs, force quit it, send the log file in the Log folder above to us.