4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2015 7:40 AM by Todd_Kopriva Branched from an earlier discussion.

error: After Effect cannot open becaujse TBB.dll is missing

Daniel Duhon

Hi, I had a problem with AECC when trying to open it it said the error: After Effect cannot open becaujse TBB.dll is missing from you computer. Please Reinstall. I thought "ok, if I only reinstall it it is not a problem" but I came to another problem: How do I uninstall it? It does not show up in the control panel and on the CC Manager it says it is up to date.

• 2. Re:  error: After Effect cannot open becaujse TBB.dll is missing
          helpless2014 Level 1

This not an answer.  I cannot get things like Photoshop (any version [and why are there more than one version offered for install at the same time??]) which I pay for in my subscription.

When I run the cleaner I get this message:

-------------------------------------------------------

List of products installed on this machine

1   Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop

2   Acrobat Professional

3   Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2014.1

4   Adobe Id Credentials

5   Clean All.

------------------------------------------------

I want to keep these products as they are working. I just want to be able to install AND run Photoshop and Fireworks etc. I can install them but I still get this stupid TBB.dll is missing message. I do NOT know how to get or install this file. I do not want to go to a dubious site to download it and run all sorts of risks. If it is needed why can't Adobe provide it or at least a safe link and instructions on what to do?? Given that Photoshop etc was running fine on this Windows 7 PC for a loooong time I can't understand why they should have stopped running.

• 3. Re:  error: After Effect cannot open becaujse TBB.dll is missing
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

helpless2014 wrote:

This not an answer.

Mylenium's answer is a good one. Granted, you might not like the answer, but it is an answer that will solve your problem.

Here's how to uninstall through the Creative Cloud software: Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall Apps

That might fix AE, however, it sounds from your posts that Photoshop isn't working either, but your post isn't very clear. You say something about Fireworks too...

More info about your specific setup might be useful.

Again, it sounds like something got corrupted on your machine, so uninstalling all your software, running the CC Cleaner tool, and reinstalling is a pretty good suggestion if the regular uninstall/reinstall doesn't work.

helpless2014 wrote:

and why are there more than one version offered for install at the same time??

For troubleshooting, for client compatibility, for workflow requirements, and for many other reasons. On my home machine I have AE CS5, CS6, CC, and CC 2014 all installed and am happy that I can download and install older versions of other Adobe software if I need them too.

• 4. Re:  error: After Effect cannot open becaujse TBB.dll is missing
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Note that one reason for .dll files being missing is overly aggressive anti-virus software that "quarantines" files. Having such software running during installation can cause problems.