10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 12:17 AM by deeejayee

Why my monthly student payment has raised?

TheNextRiser

Hello, I would like to know why the price of my monthly student CC service payment has raised from 19.99€ to 30.74€. It has passed one year since I started with it, but I don't understand what's the point of raising the price now; currently the 19.99€ Student and Teacher service is again in offer time (19.99€), which means that I could cancel this payment and join the offer for another year.

Could someone at Adobe correct my payment amount (make so it is 19.99€ again) if it's wrong? In other case I would consider cancelling this payment and taking the annual offer again before it ends, but I would find more reasonablem if that's possible, to mantain the old amount without the need of cancelling and getting the offer another time.

Thanks for your attention.

• 1. Re: Why my monthly student payment has raised?
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It has passed one year since I started with it, but I don't understand what's the point of raising the price now;

Because the 12 month promotional offer has expired. You're now being charged the normal price.

currently the 19.99€ Student and Teacher service is again in offer time (19.99€), which means that I could cancel this payment and join the offer for another year.

That's an option but you'll need to do so using another Adobe ID. The promotional offer only applies once per Adobe ID.

• 2. Re: Why my monthly student payment has raised?
            TheNextRiser Level 1

Thanks for the response.

• 3. Re: Why my monthly student payment has raised?
              Geoff Alan Level 1

Here is what came out of my issue with support:

For additional help, reach us at http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

General Info
              Chat start timeAug 14, 2014 11:28:05 AM EST
              Chat end timeAug 14, 2014 11:51:48 AM EST
              Duration (actual chatting time)00:23:43
              OperatorUmesh

Chat Transcript
              info: Thank you for your patience.

While you wait, you can try our community forums where experts are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

info: You are now chatting with Umesh.
              Umesh: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.
              Geoff Alan: I have a student / teacher subscription for creative cloud. I have had this subscription 8 months at $19.99 and now it has jumped to $29.99 USD a month. Why is this?
              info: Your chat transcript will be sent to geoff.alan@XXXXXXXX.net at the end of your chat.
              Umesh: Hi Geoff.
              Geoff Alan: Hi Umesh
              Geoff Alan: I have a student / teacher subscription for creative cloud. I have had this subscription 8 months at $19.99 and now it has jumped to $29.99 USD a month. Why is this?
              Umesh: If I am correct, you wish to know the price increase for the Adobe Creative Cloud application which you subscribed?
              Geoff Alan: yes
              Geoff Alan: i have a one year subscription for 19.99 a month and without notice, it is now 29.99
              Geoff Alan: I have only had it for 8 months.
              Umesh: Thank you for confirming.
              Umesh: Let me check and help you with it.
              Umesh: Please be online for 2-3 minutes while I check the information for you.
              Geoff Alan: thanks
              Umesh: You are welcome.
              Umesh: Thank you for your patience.
              Umesh: As I checked and see, with the email address : geoff.alan@XXXXXXXX.net, you have purchased Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition (one-year) on August 14, 2013 which is active.
              Geoff Alan: Yes
              Geoff Alan: My account shows that it was activated January 14, 2014 though.
              Geoff Alan: So, what can we do to keep the price at 19.99 / month?
              Umesh: And checked and see, with my resources, the $19.99 is the offer price, in which is valid for one year.
              Umesh: After one year the price of the subscription will be changed to normal pricing.
              Geoff Alan: I can subscribe today got 19.99 here : https://creative.adobe.com/plans?plan=edu&store_code=us
              Geoff Alan: So can you just put my plan price down to 19.99 for me please?
              Geoff Alan: Otherwise I will just cancel it.
              Umesh: If you wish to get the same subscription with the same old price, you have to place a new order and cancel the present subscription.
              Umesh: Is that okay with you?
              Geoff Alan: That seems ridiculous. You can not just place my account on a 19.99 plan?
              Umesh: If you wish to get the same subscription with the same old price, we have to cancel the subscription and place an order for the same $19.99 student and teacher subscription.
              Geoff Alan: If you cancel my account today, will the 29.99 be refunded?
              Umesh: Yes, that's right.
              Geoff Alan: Just cancel my account then please.
              Umesh: Let me check.
              Umesh: One moment please.
              Geoff Alan: I will use my old copy of CS6 instead. This seems ridiculous that you can not offer me the 19.99 however I can cancel and re-subscribe.
              Umesh: As I checked and see, with my resources, instead of cancel and re subscribe, there is an option to change the plan to same old $19.99 subscription plan.
              Umesh: In this case, shall I go ahead and change the plan?
              Geoff Alan: Umesh, This is what I have asked you to do from the beginning.
              Geoff Alan: Go ahead and put me on the same plan as I had for 19.99 now.
              Umesh: As per your confirmation, I have changed the plan to same old pricing for you.
              Geoff Alan: So will a credit be issues for the extra $10.00 I was billed today?
              Geoff Alan: *issues=issued
              Umesh: In this case, the $29.99 price will be refunded and $19.99 price will be charged to you.
              Geoff Alan: Yes, that is fine.
              Umesh: Is there anything else I can help you with?
              Geoff Alan: No, you have been very helpful.
              Umesh: You are welcome.
              Umesh: You may receive an email that will contain a link to complete an optional survey to provide your feedback on the support experience. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
              Umesh: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Why my monthly student payment has raised?
                ginginbread Level 1

Geoff, that was very helpful for you to post that. I got an email saying my price will go up so I tried to get it lowered for the future but apparently you need to be charged the $29 first so they can refund  you and change it to the lower plan. Here is my transcript if this helps anyone.

Prabhudev: I'll be glad to check and help you.

Prabhudev: Since you have completed one year promo offer you will be charged 29.99

Ginny Westcott: But there is an option to change the plan to the same old plan I heard instead of my cancelling my subscription and starting it all over.

Prabhudev: Yes we will be able to change the plan to 19.99 once you charge for 29.99

Prabhudev: However you will get the refund for 29.99 plan.

Ginny Westcott: So I need to ask you this in two months from now?

Prabhudev: Yes, Please contact us back once you charged for 29.99

• 5. Re: Why my monthly student payment has raised?
                  Geoff Alan Level 1

Hi Ginny, Thanks for posting your transcript. It seems like Prabhudev was much more knowledgeable then Umesh. It took 23 minutes for me to get the same result.

• 6. Re: Why my monthly student payment has raised?
                    DeboraB

I got the same problem today and they said I was an "exception" right after I sent the link to this forum. Thank you ginginbread and Geoff Alan for your replies otherwise I would never have been able to change it back to 19.99$.

• 7. Re: Why my monthly student payment has raised?
                      craigst Level 1

Is this a ridiculous situation or what?

• 8. Re: Why my monthly student payment has raised?
                        kcrossley Level 1

I can confirm that this worked for my son, who is in his second year of college. Thanks for the tips.

• 9. Re: Why my monthly student payment has raised?
                          INCIID

Adobe had me update my student status and then the website changed back to 19.99 - Then I received an email that said:

"

Hi Nancy! Your education status has been verified.
                          Thank you for submitting the requested information. You have now requalified for an education discount. Your existing education subscription will not change in any way.
                          If you have already been switched to a non-education subscription, please contact Adobe Support at 1 (800) 833-6687 to have your education discount re-applied.
                          View details on your Adobe ID account.
                          Manage Your Account | Customer Support | Forums | Terms of Use
                          Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

© 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Adobe Systems Incorporated, 345 Park Ave., San Jose, CA 95110 USA

Has Adobe lost their minds - their customer support used to be good - now it's terrible. They cannot have it both ways - either the student discount lasts one year and never more - or when you update a student status it goes back to the discount. In my account online it reverted back to a discounted status and tells me to call customer support - then when I call they tell me the same thing over and over.

• 10. Re: Why my monthly student payment has raised?
                            deeejayee

woah I wish adobe would grant me that deal too the same thing happened to me and now they charge me almost $50 per month huhu poor art students