• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I install the latest version of Flash Player?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I install the latest version of Flash Player?  The install button is always gray.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?

What browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. The next button in the installer does not respond. Ive tried cleaning up permissions, etc. Running on a Mac 10.9.2 with the latest Flash installer.

I ran into this once before and I had to install an older version...http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580. Then wait for the auto updater to kick in and ask for an update...and update it that way. But this time not even that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All buttons are completely unresponsive.

Screen Shot 2014-04-12 at 8.25.51 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, based on what I've read (but haven't seen on any of my four Macs) you probably want to hold off on installing 13 for a bit.

ATTENTION MAC CUSTOMERS - Flash Player 13 "Plugin Failure" Workaround

That'll help you get 12 back and working until they get this worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its really not a problem with the flash plugin itself... it a problem with the actual installer becoming completely unresponsive at a certian point.

Also, I already tried going with version 12. Problem is that version 12 causes Safari to throw up out of date plugin warnings. I was able to get the installer for this version of 13 to work...

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OS is 10.6.8

When I get to the box that says "cancel" and "install" the install box is gray.

reteach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the downloader/installer.

Use the FULL offline installer: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac /install_flash_player_12_osx....

And DON'T run it either. When you mount the dmg

4.jpg

and it opens the window, right click the installer and "Show Package Contents"

10.jpg

Double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg and let it run the COCOA installer.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the FULL offline installer: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac /install_flash_player_12_osx....

FYI the above link does not quite work right...there is an extra space after the work "mac" just in case anyone else comes across this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines