5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2014 8:58 PM by A.T. Romano

Cannot upload video from Premiere 12 Elements to Facebook

JohnPeterka

I tried three times to upload ski videos to Facebook.  The file seems to port to Facebook, but just before the file fully uploads it aborts  I cannot tell if it is an Adobe or Facebook issue.

• 1. Re: Cannot upload video from Premiere 12 Elements to Facebook
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JohnPeterka

Are you still working with Premiere Elements 12 on Mac computer? Assuming that is the case....

Export your Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive. You can use one of the Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD/ .mp4 presets for this (one in accord with your project settings). Then upload this AVCHD.mp4 file to Facebook at the Facebook web site.

Based on those results, we can decide what next.

Of course, go through the ritual of refreshing Online Services (Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing).

With more details of your project setup, we can fine tune the reply. Just what is the duration of this upload?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Cannot upload video from Premiere 12 Elements to Facebook
            JohnPeterka Level 1

AT Romano,

I tried it from my PC.  I tried a different output format.  However, Facebook bounced me out because the file size was greater than 1GB.   I guess I will have to shorten my video.

Thank you,

John

Sent from Windows Mail

• 3. Re: Cannot upload video from Premiere 12 Elements to Facebook
              A.T. Romano Level 7

John

Thanks for the follow up.

Interesting Facebook limit. In Publish+Share/Social Websites/, only YouTube limitations are shown in the export area ( for YouTube 2 GB and 15 minutes)....none shown there when the choice is Facebook or Vimeo.

After I saw your latest post, I checked online to see what I could find about Facebook limits for video uploads. Best I could determine is that there are two types of accounts, verified and unverified. With the verified account the limits seem to be  1024 MB and 20 minutes (whichever is less); and, with unverified account, the limits seem to be 100 MB or 10 minutes.

At this point, I am not sure how much of that information applies to the Social Website/Facebook feature within Premiere Elements. That situation sort of leaves one with the "try it and see" approach. In the case of YouTube, the user can get extended limits at the YouTube site when the upload is there whereas the user cannot uploading from within the Premiere Elements feature.

What was the range of file sizes that you obtained from the various Publish+Share/Computer/ choices? If you were at 1920 x 1080, did a 1280 x 720 choice fare better file size wise?

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Cannot upload video from Premiere 12 Elements to Facebook
                JohnPeterka Level 1

ATR,

I only tried two formats.  As I recall the last one was MP4 at 1.74GB.  I assumed the file created for Facebook had to be about the same size, based on time to generate.  I will have to try several options and get back to you. 

John

Sent from my iPhone

• 5. Re: Cannot upload video from Premiere 12 Elements to Facebook
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

JohnPeterka

I have something for your to try in the way of format with possibly lower file size end product than AVCHD.mp4, that is, H.264.mov.

Publish+Share

Computer

QuickTime

with Presets = NTSC DV 16:9

Then under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the preset

First set the Video Codec = H.264

To the right of the Frame width and Frame height is a box with a chain link in it....click on the chain link to remove it temporarily.

Then type in width and height (assumed 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720)

Then click on the box to put the chain link back.

Then set as shown in the screenshot.

For Bitrate Settings, put a check mark next to "Limit data rate to __________ kbps" and type in 12000 for the kbps (kilobits per second).

Moving forward, you can lower that bitrate to find a compromise between file size, quality, and bitrate.

QuicktimeSettings.JPG

Looking forward to your results when you get the time.

Thanks.

ATR