3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2014 4:02 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 Automatically Separates My Video Into Clips

AngHoot

Everytime I add media to Premiere Elements 12, it automatically gets separated into clips. I am working with video of people singing and these "automatic clips" cause a HUGE problem. They will be in the middle of a song and a word or two will get cut out. As you can imagine, this is extremely frustrating!

I've gone ahead and started editing the video anyway. However, when I save the project and reopen it later, there are even more "automatic clips". I have spent hours working on this video, and now it is nearly unusable because almost every song has a few words missing. How can I remove these unwanted gaps and make my video one long, fluid, and uninterrupted clip?

I would appreciate help.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Automatically Separates My Video Into Clips
          A.T. Romano Level 7

AngHoot

What computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 12 on? Assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit for now....

In the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, click on the Organizer Tab at the bottom to open the Elements Organizer 12.

When in the Elements Organizer 12, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Media Analysis and turn off all the options you see under that category, especially AutoAnalyzer options.

When AutoAnalyzer options are left on, the feature will split your video clips and "stack them". When and if you want to use the AutoAnalzyer feature, use it on an on demand basis only. Right click the media in Project Assets and select Run AutoAnalzyer.

The originals on the computer hard drive are unaffected by this unwanted happening. But, you cannot reverse what the AutoAnalzyer has done in the project and Elements Organizer. Instances of these "split stacked" media will need to be deleted and re-imported in Project Assets and Elements Organizer or just left as it.

This can happen in Premiere Elements (any version).

Please let us know if you are OK with the above and if it worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Automatically Separates My Video Into Clips
            AngHoot Level 1

To answer your first question: Windows 8.

I turned off all the options under AutoAnalyzer and re-imported my footage, but the separate clips are still there. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Automatically Separates My Video Into Clips
              A.T. Romano Level 7

AngHoot

Thanks for the follow up.

Please give the suggestion another look.

a. deleted all the stacked split clips in the Elements Organizer and in the project.

b. go to Elements Organizer, Edit Menu/Preferences/Media Analysis and double verify that all those options under Media Analzysis are unchecked.

c. Restart the computer.

d. Import one of your videos into a new Premiere Elements project (Expert workspace) with the project's Add Media/Files and Folders.

e. Click on the Organizer tab at the bottom of the Expert worksapce to open the Elements Organizer. You should see copy of your video that you just imported into Premiere Elements. Do you find the video intact or as a stack of split clips?

Thanks.

ATR