2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2015 6:50 AM by Colink

Clip Length

oldscotsbloke

I am trying to make an animated movie. How can I make all my clip lengths, several hundred, the same length in one go?   eg 0.1 of a second.

• 1. Re: Clip Length
          A.T. Romano Level 7

oldscotsbloke

From your prior posts, you appear to be working with Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Are these clips - videos or stills? For now I will assume stills.

For now I will assume that you are set up for NTSC (30 frames per second) and not PAL (25 frames per second).

If you want all clips with duration of 0.1 second

a. import, take to Expert workspace Timeline, select all, right click anywhere in the selection, select Time Stretch, and set the Time Stretch dialog Duration field to 0.1 second which would be 3 frames. So you set the timecode Duration readout in the Time Stretch dialog to 00;00;00;03 (hours;minutes;seconds;frames).

or

b. BEFORE importing any, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and set the Still Image Duration to 3 frames.

Then AFTERWARD all stills imported into the program will have a duration of 3 seconds until you go back to preferences and change the setting.

Some Time Lapse information if needed

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/07/pe-time-lapse-video-basics.html

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/08/pe-numbered-stills-in-time-lapse-and.html

Please review and consider and then let me know if you are OK with the details above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Clip Length
            Colink

My question is similar.

I have Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit

I have imported a PNG sequence and want to edit the length of all images at once. When I right click I only have cut, Copy, Clear, Interpret Footage, Open in clip monitor, Crate slide show, Run auto analyzer, Crate instant movie.

Interpret Footage has frame rate section which is greyed out.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Colink