13 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2014 6:56 AM by nealeh

help

aramaic5711

I used to use Adobe Visual communicator 3 to create videos with my cam. Now they recommend to use premiere elements 12 or premeiere pro CS6. Neither does what I want, and elements will not work on Win 7 Professional release 7 X64. What do I do now?

• 1. Re: help
          nealeh Level 5

aramaic5711 wrote:

Neither does what I want

What do you want?

aramaic5711 wrote:

elements will not work on Win 7 Professional release 7 X64.

Premiere Elements works fine on 64-bit Windows 7. What problems are you experiencing?

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: help
            aramaic5711 Level 1

I had visual communicator 3 to create vudeos. Now I have elements, you can

not create videos like you could in VC3. Elements hangs on win 7

Professional release X^4

• 3. Re: help
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't know about the "like you could in VC3" but you very much CAN create videos with Premiere Elements

Read the several SHARING links on The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830

There are MANY people using Win7... What error message do you see when the program "hangs" on Win7?

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 4. Re: help
                aramaic5711 Level 1

Graphics=Intel HD Graphics card. With elements 12, I get no error messages,

but mouse pointer is just a circle, and not the usual, but that I put down

to the Antivirus/firewall checking. 2 hours later it still happens.

I have a logitech C170 webcam. Now if I run for example Visual Communicator

3, I talk into the cam, create my video edit the video, and so on. Via

elements 12, you can not record or do anything on win7 Professional X64

release. Elements do NOT run this, and a trial version of this program for

X64 machines, do  NOT exist. So what do I do?

• 5. Re: help
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

aramaics5711

Premiere Elements 12 on your Windows 7 64 bit can produce high quality video with far more complexity than the discontinued Adobe Visual Communicator 3. But, it is not going to be productive with you saying "cannot do" and us saying "can do".

Believe us, you "can do". With your help, we need to figure out why you cannot. The answers will be in the details that you supply.

But, there is a learning curve to Premiere Elements (any version) as I am sure there was one for Adobe Visual Communicator 3.

1. Given you have Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit. That is a very compatible combination. How much installed and available RAM does your computer have? How much free hard drive space does your computer have? What video card/graphics card does your computer use? Is the card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12? That is a requirement.

3. Are you running Premiere Elements 12 as Run As Administrator and from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

4. What are the properties of what you are importing into Premiere Elements 12

a. video formats and duration

b. photos pixel dimension, how many

c. other

5. Are you or the project setting the project preset? And, when you say that the program hangs, are you looking at the playback of the Timeline content with an orange line over its content? What is the duration and complexity of the Timeline when you say the program hangs? Are all your negative experiences with Premiere Elements 12 in importing and editing? Have you gotten to export yet (Publish+Share/ )?

Your answers to the above would be the start to getting to the core of your issue so that you can get the video products that you seek.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: help
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

aramaics5711

I did not see your latest post until after I had posted mine (5).

Have you tried to use your Logitech C170 webcam with Premiere Elements 12

Add Media

Webcam or WDM

If so, what happens? Does Premiere Elements 12 recognize webcam?

If so, is it the video from the Logitech that Premiere Elements 12 is hanging on?

What are the properites of the video from the Logitech? Video compression, file extension?

I just took a look at online specifications for the Logitech C170

http://logitech-en-emea.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24412/~/logitech-webcam-c170- technical-specifications

From the above, looks like 640 x 480 if you are recording at the max frame size. But, it is the frame rate specification that is likely involved in the performance of this video on the Timeline. It says max frame rate which suggests to me that your webcam is recording with a variable frame rate. Variable frame rate can be a problem for Premiere Elements.

Many of the variable frame rate issues can be resolved with manual set of the correct project preset and rendering the Timeline content. Others cannot. In the cannot case, then the video's variable frame rate needs to be converted to a constant one in a free program such as HandBrake.

These are all details that need ironing out in deciding if Premiere Elements is for you. Apparently Premiere Pro is not for you from what you wrote.

Please review and then we can go over the details if you want.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: help
                      aramaic5711 Level 1

Premiere Elements 12 on your Windows 7 64 bit can produce high quality

video with far more complexity than the discontinued Adobe Visual

Communicator 3. But, it is not going to be productive with you saying

"cannot do" and us saying "can do".

I would say "I can do" if I could, but can not

Believe us, you "can do". With your help, we need to figure out why you

cannot. The answers will be in the details that you supply.

ok

But, there is a learning curve to Premiere Elements (any version) as I am

sure there was one for Adobe Visual Communicator 3.

I have that, I think

1. Given you have Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit. That is a very

compatible combination. How much installed and available RAM does your

computer have? How much free hard drive space does your computer have? What

video card/graphics card does your computer use? Is the card up to date

according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

All specs are met

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer

with Premiere Elements 12? That is a requirement.

Yes

3. Are you running Premiere Elements 12 as Run As Administrator and from a

User Account with Administrative Privileges?

yes

4. What are the properties of what you are importing into Premiere Elements

a. video formats and duration

b. photos pixel dimension, how many

c. other

none

5. Are you or the project setting the project preset? And, when you say

that the program hangs, are you looking at the playback of the Timeline

content with an orange line over its content? What is the duration and

complexity of the Timeline when you say the program hangs? Are all your

negative experiences with Premiere Elements 12 in importing and editing?

Have you gotten to export yet (Publish+Share/ )?

I want to create a video from scratch.  VC3 did this, elements not.

Your answers to the above would be the start to getting to the core of your

issue so that you can get the video products that you seek.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: help
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

aramaics5711

Thank you for the helpful information. Did you have a chance to read my second post (6).

Sometimes the details get in way of the communications. That seems a strange thing to say. So let me say now....

You can create your final video from scratch, importing source media that is compatible with Premiere Elements - videos, photos, graphics, and so on. You can create titles in the project, and so on. All sorts of effects can be applied to the Timeline content. That is all part of the can do experience that I am mentioning does exist.

Have you tried importing just photos into a new project? If so, how did they behave?

But, success needs setting up the project at the start correctly for what you have and what you want to produce.

Right now let us figure out if it is the Logitech webcam video that is the immediate problem.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: help
                          aramaic5711 Level 1

aramaics5711

Thank you for the helpful information. Did you have a chance to read my

second post (6)

Read it, and I answered your emails sir.

Sometimes the details get in way of the communications. That seems a

strange thing to say. So let me say now....

You can create your final video from scratch, importing source media that

is compatible with Premiere Elements - videos, photos, graphics, and so on.

You can create titles in the project, and so on. All sorts of effects can

be applied to the Timeline content. That is all part of the can do

experience that I am mentioning does exist.

Sir...................I keep telling you. I can NOT create videos from

scratch. I am FORCED to run a virtualbox to use XP to get elements to work

Have you tried importing just photos into a new project? If so, how did

they behave?

I do not import photos etc

But, success needs setting up the project at the start correctly for what

you have and what you want to produce.

Right now let us figure out if it is the Logitech webcam video that is the

immediate problem.

OK Elements detects and shows me

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: help
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

aramaic5711

Earlier you wrote

and just now you wrote

I am FORCED to run a virtualbox to use XP to get elements to work

From that this is my understanding, you cannot get Premiere Elements 12 to start on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit and have resorted to using its Windows XP Mode to install and try to work with Premiere Elements 12. Is that correct? If so, that should not be.

What computer operating system is the Adobe Visual Communicator 3 running on? This same Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit or something else?

How are you installing Premiere Elements 12 - from tryout or purchased installation files downloaded from Adobe or from a purchased installation disc?

I will stay with this until our exchange of information produces a break through to find out where the problem resides in your Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit. If you do not wish to continue, that is your choice, and I understand and wish you well in your program choice decision.

There has got to be a reason why both Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro are not working for you in Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit. If you have a purchased Premiere Elements 12 from Adobe, perhaps one idea would be for you to contact Adobe via Adobe Chat to discuss "Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up". Adobe has the means, if necessary, to work on your computer remotely to find the cause. If you like that idea, then you can click on the following link. When the page opens, click on the question "Still Need Help? Contact Us." to bring up the Adobe Chat for the "Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up".

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=downloading-installing -and-setting-up#

Best wishes

ATR

• 11. Re: help
                              aramaic5711 Level 1

Earlier you wrote

and just now you wrote

I am FORCED to run a virtualbox to use XP to get elements to work

From that this is my understanding, you cannot get Premiere Elements 12 to

start on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit and have resorted to using its

Windows XP Mode to install and try to work with Premiere Elements 12. Is

that correct? If so, that should not be.

It did not run on XP. I ditched XP

What computer operating system is the Adobe Visual Communicator 3 running

on? This same Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit or something else?

Running on Win 7 X64, and seems t work OK

How are you installing Premiere Elements 12 - from tryout or purchased

installation files downloaded from Adobe or from a purchased installation

disc?

Tryout

I will stay with this until our exchange of information produces a break

through to find out where the problem resides in your Premiere Elements 12

on Windows 7 64 bit. If you do not wish to continue, that is your choice,

and I understand and wish you well in your program choice decision.

Carry on by all means.

There has got to be a reason why both Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro

are not working for you in Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit. If you have a

purchased Premiere Elements 12 from Adobe, perhaps one idea would be for

you to contact Adobe via Adobe Chat to discuss "Downloading, Installing,

and Setting Up". Adobe has the means, if necessary, to work on your

computer remotely to find the cause. If you like that idea, then you can

click on the following link. When the page opens, click on the question

"Still Need Help? Contact Us." to bring up the Adobe Chat for the

"Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up"

Later on, I will get Adobe to look at it. It's probably something simple

• 12. Re: help
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

aramaic5711

Thanks for the reply and wanting to continue to find the answer to this problem.

We will be watching to see if Adobe through a remote setup can detect the problem.

Whatever the outcome, please let us know. If need be, we will continue to explore your situation based on our experiences with Premiere Elements (many versions) on Windows XP, 7, 8, and 8.1.

Thanks for all the follow ups.

ATR

• 13. Re: help
                                  nealeh Level 5

aramaic5711 wrote:

Via elements 12, you can not record or do anything on win7 Professional X64

release.

So are you saying that PRE12 starts, but only goes wrong when you try and record with your webcam? Or is it not starting at all?  Do you get any error messages when trying to use it?

aramaic5711 wrote:

trial version of this program forX64 machines, do  NOT exist.

It detects if the host system is 64-bit or 32-bit and installs the appropriate version.

Cheers,
                                  --
                                  Neale
                                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.