3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2014 9:30 PM by A.T. Romano

I cannot share a video on YouTube or Facebook

gusboom

Hi,

I have tried repeatedly to share a video to YouTube and Facebook. At the point when 99% is uploaded I consistently get the message "Online services encountered an error. The service will now be terminated or paused if possible." Resuming the file transfer doen't help.

I am using version 10.0 (20110902.Mol11.B123.280463) and Elements is installed using Windows8.

I was able to upload a video from Elements to YouTube about 2 weeks ago. At the time I encountered the same problem when uploading to Facebook.

Please help!

• 1. Re: I cannot share a video on YouTube or Facebook
          A.T. Romano Level 7

gusboom

What is the file size and duration of your Timeline that you are trying to upload to Facebook and YouTube?

Please determine at this time if you can export your Premiere Elements 10 Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that file to Facebook or YouTube at the Facebook or YouTube website. See one of the Share/Computer/AVCHD presets for the type type (.mp4).

Also, if you have not already, refresh Online Services, See Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing.

Also, if you have one, turn off router for about 30 seconds and then turn it back on again.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I cannot share a video on YouTube or Facebook
            gusboom Level 1

Thank you for replying.

The file size is 381.5 MB, and the duration is 8:30 min.

I have already saved the file to the computer and uploaded it to YouTube. Thus uploading it to YouTube went without a hitch.

I shall try to upload the video to Facebook following your recommendations. I'll let you know if I was able to upload it from Premier Elements directly without first saving it to the computer.

Thanks again,

Gus

• 3. Re: I cannot share a video on YouTube or Facebook
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gus

Thanks for the follow up.

We will be looking forward to your results.

Lots of questions popping up about those uploads to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook. The users recently went through a rough time with a YouTube Online Service Error message. It was not a user issue. Not sure who finally "fixed" it, but that YouTube issue seems to be gone at this time.

ATR