2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2014 10:56 AM by Salah Fadlabi

CS5.5 How do I export/print a whole book to pdf/x 1a 2001?

ejt

I swear I did this a year ago with another book. I need to turn this book of files into a pdf for Createspace and the print book dialog in the book panel doesn’t show me the pdf/x-1a 2001 preset. It gives me a default or I can create one myself. The printer selected is Adobe PDF. The file menu only applies to the active, single document, not a book, and while it does list Adobe PDF Presets I cannot apply them to the whole book, only the active, single file.

I found that I can save the preset I need out of the presets dialog but I can’t load it into the print presets to use for outputting the book as a pdf. Anybody know where those are or how to get this done?

My installation was just updated, but still doesn’t show what some videos show should be there.

I copied all the settings from the preset I need but the print dialog doesn't let me create such a preset for a book, and the Export to PDF for a book is for interactive pdf and doesn't allow such presets at all.

I have a 156 page book with graphics, composed of 8 chapter files. If I have to combine all these into one id file to do this, is there a good way to do that without enormous labor? In that other book I created for createspace I didn't have to do that, but I can't figure out how I exported it to pdf/x 1a 2001

Thanks!