8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2014 3:27 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12

writerphotographer

I am running windows 7 with Premiere elements 12 and the list of transitions and fx are not all loaded just the basics. How do I fix this? I know what's missing because I have them all on my laptop.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

In PrE, through version 10, the additional Functional Content was either on a separate install disc, or available as a separate download/install. With PrE 11, and in PrE 12, that additional Content is now available as a download/install only.

One can choose to download and install individual pieces, such as a DVD Menu, or download and install all of the Content via the Internet. The latter can take some time, depending on the activity on the Adobe servers, one's Internet connection speed, and general traffic on the Internet.

Good luck, and hope that gets you the full compliment of Content.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12
            writerphotographer Level 1

I realize I need to downoad online. Where do I go to do that? I'm sorry but I have no idea where to do this.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

writerphotographer

I believe Hunt has misspoken when he addressed your question as it relates to Premiere Elements 11 and 12 transitions and fxEffects.

The version 11 and 12 transitions and fxEffects are not classed as Content download in this instance. They are suppose to come complete with the program install.

My Premiere Elements 12 First Look blog post goes into al of that in its Content section.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/premiere-elements-12-first-look-details.html

When you say they are not loaded, just the basics. What do you mean by that....?

a. They are not all there under the Transition Tab and fx Effects Tab at the bottom of the workspace

or

b. They are not present in the hard drive save location where they are suppose to be

When you wrote

I know what's missing because I have them all on my laptop.

that knocked out my thought on the core of this problem. But, I will explore this nonetheless.

Premiere Elements 12 has 2 workspaces, Expert workspace and Quick workspace. The Expert workspace has the full quota of transitions and fx effects that come complete with the install of the program. The Quick workspace never has all the transitions and fx Effects. Any chance you are comparing the Premiere Elements 12 laptop Expert workspace with the Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 Quick workspace.

You say you have Windows 7 as one computer. What is the operating system for the laptop?

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

writerphotographer

Please read by post 3 before you going looking for "downloads".

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 12

What I meant is under transitions there is supposed to be another menu option for transitions which are listed separately (i.e. 3d, etc) The same for effects. It's that way on my laptop so I'm limited in having several effects and transitions on my PC which is also windows 7. I'm sorry if I am no explaining this correctly.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 12
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

writerphotographer

Thanks for the follow up.

Let us see if we can figure this out.

Please confirm. You are looking a Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 Expert Workspace and not Quick Workspace.

If you are in the Quick workspace, all you are going to see is

Quick.JPG

If you are in the Expert workspace, then

Expert.jpg

If you open to the Expert workspace in your Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7, what do you see? Please describe or post a screenshot.

From what you wrote, I am left to understand that you are not seeing what I am seeing in Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 64 bit Expert workspace under Transitions Tab.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 12

AAAAAAAH u r the best! The very best! This is only my second time using it. Last night I told myself I would only work expert to really learn the software and here I am in quick! Lol thank you for all your help! I truly appreciate it!

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 12
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

writerphotographer

Many thanks for the follow up with the good news, matter resolved.

As you work with the program, you will discover other areas where features seen in Expert workspace are not seen in Quick workspace. And, if you ever get into the Premiere Elements Windows vs Mac, the Premiere Elements Mac often is on the short end due to "Windows Only" features.

The worst case scenario is when the user toggles between the two workspaces. Certain things do not present in Quick that do present in Expert.

We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance, so please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification.

Thanks.

ATR