9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2014 6:15 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 9 AIDE-HELP (menus)

rozrosie

I have the  IMac 2013  i5.

When I'm working on Adobe Premiere ELements 9, the program is opening a message which is telling me that there's an error. Then the program closes. It ALWAYS happens when I'm trying to put a menu in my video. It is related to this action. I don't know what to do... I tried to uninstall the program but nothing changed unfortunatelly... I don't know if the problem's related to Adobe or to the IMac...

I'm also not able to install the latest Adobe Flash Player (12) on my IMac.

I really need some help please! Thank you!

J'ai un IMac 2013 i5.

Lorsque je travaille sur Adobe Premiere Elements 9, le logiciel m'envoie un message me disant que suite à une erreur grave, le programme doit se fermer. Ensuite, le logiciel se ferme et un rapport indéchiffrable portant sur le problème s'ouvre. Ceci arrive toujours dès que je veux ajouter un menu à mon montage. Lorsque j'ai sélectionné mon menu, je clique sur «Appliquer» et c'est exactement à ce moment que l'erreur apparait... Toujours à ce moment précis! J'ai tenté de désinstaller le logiciel pour le réinstaller par la suite... même probème malheureusement... Sur mon ancien portable, les menus pouvaient être appliqués sans problème mais il plantait toujours lors de la gravure. Mais depuis qu'il est sur mon nouvel ordi, les menus de vidéos ne foncionnent plus. Par contre, la gravure fonctione a merveille et le mac ne plante pas! 

Je ne suis aussi pas capable d'installer Adobe Flash Reader afin de regarder des vidéos Youtube! J'ai encore là tenté plusieurs manoeuvres, mais rien n'a fonctionné...

J'ai vraiment besoin d'aide! Merci!

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 AIDE-HELP (menus)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rozrosie

Please review the following link content with regard to your Adobe Flash Player 12 Mac installation issue and see if the suggestions work for you.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6046979?tstart=0

With regard to your disc menu issue

a. does this apply to one particular disc menu theme or all

b. have you reviewed your computer permissions - I am strictly an Elements Windows users. If you were a Premiere Elements Windows user, I would point you to right clicking the Premiere Elements desktop icon and selecting Run As Administrator. Not sure if Mac has that.

c. have you deleted the settings file which is named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs....in the Mac, I believe it should be located

User

User Name

Libraries

Application Support

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

(Not sure if you need Folder Option setting to see all that in Mac. But, that is what you are looking for.)

Please let us know if any of that worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 AIDE-HELP (menus)
            rozrosie Level 1

A. T. Romano

It finally worked for Adobe Flash Player 12 installation. Thank you.

a. For Adobe Premiere Elements 9, it does apply for all the themes.

b. I don't really understand, is this written somewhere?

c. no I haven't deleted the settings file, i checked. In the 9.0 document there is many documents about the program... ''Layouts'' and ''Styles'' seems to be about the content (effects and themes and menus) but in ''Styles'', there is nothing inside... I don't know if it may be the problem...?

Thank you!

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 AIDE-HELP (menus)
              A.T. Romano Level 7

rozrosie

Sorry. I have written Premiere Elements 12 instead of the version that you said that you were using, Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1. (Can I assume that you are working from the 9.0.1 Update of the program?)

But, for the menu situation, I would still like know the results from deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs settings file with the following route

User

User Name

Libraries

Application Support

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Can you find the above path and the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file in your Mac computer?

Do not delete anything unless it has the exact name Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs.

If you go to Title Menu/New Title/Default Still to open the Titler, when the Titler opens, do you see s Text Styles Panel to the right of the Titler? If so, do you see thumbnails with different text styles represented? Can you apply one of those text styles to text that you have entered into the Titler? If so, let us leave that area alone for now.

In Windows, I would expect to find Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0/ and included in the 9.0 Folder would be the Styles Folder with tempworkingset.prsl and workingset.prsl. I am not sure what Mac counterparts would exist.

Depending on further developments, we may consider program uninstall, ccleaner run through, reinstall. Do you have installation files or an installation disc for your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1?

More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 AIDE-HELP (menus)
                rozrosie Level 1

A.T Romano.

Well, I don't really know if I have the 9.0.1 update... Is it supposed to update automatically?

I can't find the folder named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs... I even looked in my ancient laptop, maybe the file was there...? Unfortunatelly no.

For the titler, you meant to check if I was able to change the title of the selected menu in Adobe Premiere Elements 9? If so, I can't. When I'm clicking on «Apply» , there's an error...

Thank you!

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 AIDE-HELP (menus)
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

rozrosie

About the 9.0.1 Update.

If you open a project to the workspace and go to Help Menu/Updates and click on Updates, do you see a 9.0.1 Update waiting for you to download and install it? You need to indicate in preference in that area if you want to be notified about updates in the menu bar. Otherwise, periodically you just check Help Menu/Updates to see what is there. You can also get the 9.0.1 Update online from Adobe and install it even with Premiere Elements 9 closed.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4930

About Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs

Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs is not a folder. It is a file.

As I wrote previously....

But, for the menu situation, I would still like know the results from deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs settings file with the following route

User

User Name

Libraries

Application Support

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Can you find the above path and the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file in your Mac computer?

Do not delete anything unless it has the exact name Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs.

With Premiere Elements Windows, the user has to be set up with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that the path can be seen. I do not have Mac. So, I would ask "Does the Mac have a feature which you can enable so that you can see Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives?" If so, please enable it to determine if you can see the path to the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

About the Titler and Styles

I wanted you to go to Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Timeline workspace, click on Title Menu/New Title/Default Still to open the Titler. In the Titler, I wanted to know if you saw the thumbnails for the Text Styles or were they all gone

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Titler showing Text Styles

Styles.JPG

If you see them there and can successfully apply each to the text you have created in the Titler, that will give us information to evaluate the significance of your mention of an empty Styles Folder. If you see the Styles thumbnails, but cannot successfully apply them, then I will work with you on the Titler procedures.

Please let me know if you are OK with the details and what supplemental clarification you need.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 AIDE-HELP (menus)
                    rozrosie Level 1

A.T. Romano

I have just downloaded the latest version (9.0.1). Thank you.

I finally found the file named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs, it was a hidden file!

If I understand well, I have to delete this file...? Its content isn't important?

About the titler, it works really well, I can apply them. There's no problem with it.

I think we're on the right track! Thank you so much for helping me!

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 AIDE-HELP (menus)
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

rozrosie

Thanks for the update. Sounding good.

A just in case note, after you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file presumed corrupt, a new Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file will be automatically generated once you open a Premiere Elements project. And, hopefully the generation of this new file will solve the problems.

Please let us know of your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 AIDE-HELP (menus)
                        rozrosie Level 1

A.T. Romano

I deleted the file and nothing changed I checked if another file has been generated after I opened the program... there wasn't a new one .

I don't know what to do anymore!

Thank you!

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 AIDE-HELP (menus)
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

rozrosie

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have been away for a few days, just returned this evening, and am working on catching up.

Where are we know? You wrote

I deleted the file and nothing changed.  I checked if another file has been generated after I opened the program... there wasn't a new one .

Please double check that result. If it is what it is, then.....

Have we considered deactivation/ uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall with new installation files.

https://www.piriform.com/mac/ccleaner

Do you have the purchased serial number. If yes.

To deactivate, open a project, go to Help Menu/Deactivate. Close out of there and then do your uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall with new files.

a. Download the Premiere Elements 9 tryout files from the following web site and insert your purchased serial number in it and other identifying information requested by Adobe. Be sure to read carefully the "Note: Very Important Instructions" so that you do not get an Access Denied message.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-9-premiere-elements-9-direct-download-links.h tml

Let us see if those new installation files get rid of the problems.

If that does not work, then we might try the Premiere Elements 12 tryout direct from Adobe to determine if that will work for you. The plan here is to use Premiere Elements 12 as a troubleshooting tool to try to distinguish between program and computer issues.

Please review. If any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR