2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2014 3:20 PM by ECBowen

CS6 SSD iMac

Stephen Gaffney

I am putting an 128gb SSD in replace of my optical drive on my iMac. Is there a way to bring only PR, AE and EN to the SSD? and would there be a problem if AU were on the normal hard drive in linking it with PR? Or would it be better to use the SSD as a scratch disk only? HELP!!

• 1. Re: CS6 SSD iMac
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Hardware forum.

Stephen Gaffney for information on how to customize the installation location please see Install and update apps - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html.

I believe the Hardware forum's community would be the best people to respond to the second part of your question.  In general though to gain the benefits of an SSD you will want to have sufficient space to have both the operating system and the application on the same drive.  Once either the application or the operating system is on a standard hard drive you loose much of the performance gains from the SSD.

• 2. Re: CS6 SSD iMac
            ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

You can move your cache files there in the Adobe programs. However I would look at moving the OS there before using that drive as a cache drive.