so i entered invaild email the first time and now i can't signout to login

theres only option to resend and continue

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Hey migero_neko,

I ran into the same issue myself. I returned home for college this weekend and tried putting Creative Cloud on my laptop... However, a year prior I had attempted to register an account on an email from a domain I no longer own - I never activated it so the only options at the Creative Cloud application are "Continue" or "Resend" and the settings dropdown menu contains a pretty useful assortment of options... We got a "Help", "Pin to Notification Area" and an "Exit" button. After

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Creative Cloud forum.

Migero_neko if you are facing difficulties verifying your e-mail address then please contact our support team directly at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey migero_neko,

I ran into the same issue myself. I returned home for college this weekend and tried putting Creative Cloud on my laptop... However, a year prior I had attempted to register an account on an email from a domain I no longer own - I never activated it so the only options at the Creative Cloud application are "Continue" or "Resend" and the settings dropdown menu contains a pretty useful assortment of options... We got a "Help", "Pin to Notification Area" and an "Exit" button. After battling with those for a couple hours by myself, I finally contacted support...

It turns out some of the solutions i tried from the forums here I was doing in the wrong location. If you're on Windows try the following steps, as they worked perfectly for me:

1. Exit out of the Creative Cloud desktop application
  2. Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run window
  3. In the Run window, type "appdata" (without the quotes) and hit enter. This should open your AppData folder.
  4. Open the "Local" folder
  5. Open the "Adobe" folder
  6. Finally open the "OOBE" folder
  7. Inside the OOBE folder, there should be a file named "opm.db" - delete it. It contains the old account data.
  8. Once you've deleted opm.db, launch Creative cloud again and try to sign in. It should now prompt you for an email and a password!

Don't delete the folder or rename it, just delete the one file above. Just as a reminder the file is not in the Roaming folder, it's in Local. Hopefully it works for you as well, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude i dont think you know how much you helped me i spent hours getting pissed off at my PC and this simple list fixed everything. i knew i needed to wipe the data but i didnt know how, you did though! thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You . . . saved . . . my life . . . Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you sooo much

you litteraly saved my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if its on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Mac OS: You can locate the OPM.db file in the /User/<user>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where can I find this? where do you look to go through these steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seriously just went through 3 different customer service reps from Adobe who were clueless on how to help me, and here you are just sharing knowledge and solving all my problems. Thank you so much. Sending you so many high fives!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, but only after I went into the Task Manager and right-clicked to select End Task on all the CreativeCloud processes running in the background. Otherwise, I was received an error that the file was in use and could not be deleted.  So helpful! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trying to delete the file but it wont allow me cause it's "open in creative cloud", but nothing is open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you're on a mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some one Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says it cannot be completed because the file is open in CC cloud but I  closed it and says the the same. what should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

revitab67552090  wrote

it says it cannot be completed because the file is open in CC cloud but I  closed it and says the the same. what should I do?

I suppose "it cannot be completed" means deleting the opm.db file. If that is the case, reboot and do your operations immediately after the reboot. If that does not work, boot in safe mode and delete the file.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safe Mode lets you delete it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the solutions as indicated above.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @rjp2525 This helped to get around the e-mail verification screen.

At the same time, this is incredibly stupid design on Adobe's part, and I can't believe it's still present in 2019 in the age of feedback driven design. What's the point about displaying two options - "resend verification" and "check again" - if the user is signing in with the wrong account. It seems very odd to require messing with windows files when a simple "log to different account" link would help, and I can see this being a very common situation users get into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is still a problem to this day, guess its gonna be a 2020 problem as well.  This is really annoying but hopefully I can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does work Sean, Just amazing that we have to go that deep into our system in order to fix a software issue. Especially for what we pay for updates and maintenance in our subscription costs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines