On May 17th I purchased three software applications: Adobe RoboHelp 11, Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and Adobe Captivate 7. I’ve spent a few hours on the phone with a technical person. The issues were too complex to be dealt with, and I knew I needed to have my issues escalated. I’ve also printed a wide range of “how to” from your support pages. I finally gave up. I’m beginning to get frustrated to the max. I’ve purchased other software programs and the Adobe products are the only applications I cannot easily install.
It is hard for me to spend hours day after day trying to get to the right person. I’m going to give a summary of my problems. Please take this and escalate it. I’ve also purchased a new computer. I scoped out the requirements for these three programs with specifications in mind. This should not be an issue.
The best way to reach me is my email vs. phone. When I get instructions for how to proceed, I prefer a one-on-one with the phone. The preferred number is: 561-366-7122.
Error Messages and Software Key Data Entry
- It looks like the Akamai Download Manager, RoboHelp 11, Adobe Acrobat XI, and Captivate 7 look as they have downloaded and installed. However, when I try to register them, I put in the codes then submit and nothing happens. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I’ve also installed and uninstalled many times while trying different things.
- I noticed when I would download, the download went to several different places on my computer. One was to my desktop, one was to C:\Program Files\Adobe; C:\Users\Sharon\Download; and C:\Desktop\Download\Adobe.
- I’ve received several error messages while trying to download and install multiple times: 1) “Setup detected a higher version ADOBE PDF Creation Add on 11.0.01 installed. Setup to terminate. 2) Installer detected that a machine restart may be pending (I would restart, make sure everything was closed, I still got the message. I even checked out the Task Manager to see if I could detect what was open); 3) System not modified. Run setup another time.
- When I put the software key into the proper text boxes to register and upon submit, the application just closes. I’m left nowhere. I feel like I’m in an endless loop.
- I downloaded with and without the Download Manager.
- When I sat on online with the tech, he had me retrieve a files from the SL Cache Folder. I was instructed to rename the file from SLStore to SLStoreold. I was then instructed to cut and paste it to the desktop. It did not work. When I put the software key into the proper text boxes to register and upon submit, the application just closes. I’m left nowhere. Again, I was in an endless loop.
- I’ve checked my pop-ups, they are on; I enlarged the cache; I’ve disable my firewall and my Norton security software.