2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2014 1:16 PM by gkaiseril

Mileage Reimbursement Formula (custom calculation)

justins22

Hi I'm trying to create a custom calculation script for a mileage reimbursement form. I have a box titled "miles driven" and I would like to times that by the 2014 IRS amount of .56 to come up with a reimbursement "total". If anyone has a formula for this it would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Mileage Reimbursement Formula (custom calculation)
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Create a hidden field with that value (remember to use it as the default value), and then simply use the built-in Product function in the Calculate tab to get the result of multiplying the two fields. This will also make it easier to edit the file in the future, if need be.

• 2. Re: Mileage Reimbursement Formula (custom calculation)
            gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I would not use a hidden field but a visible read only field with the default value set the IRS reimbursement rate.. This is clearly and visibly document the value used the for calculation. It makes it easier for the auditors to check the work as there will be no question as to the reimbursement rate used.

You form would get trickier if the rate changes during the year. And yes the mileage rates due change at date other than January 1.

1 person found this helpful