9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2014 2:56 PM by cellulars factory

How many Macs?

peajaykay

Just about to buy a new mac - and therefore need to upgrade to the latest CSuite. I currently run it on my desktop and laptop - will I still be able to do that with the latest Creative Suite? I am a freelance designer.

• 1. Re: How many Macs?
          PrernaArora Level 3

Hi peajaykay ,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Yes you can install and use the latest Creative Suite on two machines. However, you may not run the software simultaneously on both the primary and secondary computers.

Please reply for any assistance.

Thanks

• 2. Re: How many Macs?
            peajaykay Level 1

So is in installed on the computer or is it running over the web? Do I need to log out or will turning the mac off enable the other mac to use it? As you can see - I don't fully understand how it works.

• 3. Re: How many Macs?
              PrernaArora Level 3

Hi peajaykay,

Your Creative Cloud desktop applications are installed directly on your computer, so you won't need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis.

Your files /projects will remain on your local hard drive.

You don't need to log out and turn off the first computer, Using the same account (Adobe ID) you can download and install applications on second computer.

Thanks

• 4. Re: How many Macs?
                peajaykay Level 1

If I had left my desktop on and tried to use my laptop - what happens? Unlikely I'd have this issue but wondered how it works?

You sound like you know your stuff - so I will ask more. I am on CS4 and it seems that I would get it at a lower rate... what does the rate go up to after a year?

• 5. Re: How many Macs?
                  John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

what does the rate go up to after a year?

The normal rate prevailing at the time. Currently $49.99/month

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/buying-guide.html

• 6. Re: How many Macs?
                    PrernaArora Level 3

Hi peajaykay ,

Thanks for the reply.

It works the same way as the licence that you own.

If you leave a session of your software and lock the machine without closing the application, you might face activation problems when launching the software on second computer. Adobe allows activation on two computers although you can use the software on only one computer at a time.

You can synchronize settings between both computers to have the same working settings and environment on both computers.

Promotional pricing for Current CS customers save on their first year of Creative Cloud membership. This offer is available to customers of Creative Suite editions or individual products, version CS3 or later (CS3.x, CS4, CS5.x, or CS6), who purchase directly from Adobe.

You can check membership plans here :

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/buying-guide.html

Thanks

• 7. Re: How many Macs?
                      peajaykay Level 1

Thank you - a bit of a delay but I am now all up and running. Thank you for your help a month ago PrernaArora.

• 8. Re: How many Macs?
                        Aashir

Hi there,

For ease of access and portability Adobe allows you to install the Adobe product on 2 computers of the same platform. However, you may not run the software simultaneously on both computers. Simultaneously.

If you wish to install the software on third computer you need to de-activate the software from one of the 2 systems, and then install it on the new system.

Good bye,

Arun Sharma    

• 9. Re: How many Macs?
                          cellulars factory

Thanks for the link of membership plan.  Been searching for that site.