5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2014 10:05 AM by A.T. Romano

Any fix for version 7.0 besides 7.0.3 which doesn't work?

cplanert

I've downloaded the update for version 7 and am still unable to use the program without it shutting down.  Also, my video clips load sideways and there's no way to rotate

• 1. Re: Any fix for version 7.0 besides 7.0.3 which doesn't work?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cplanert

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 7 running on?

There was only one update ever for Premiere Elements 7, that is, 7.0.3, which was essentially non critical in my thinking. Its stated purpose was

......provides updates to applicable membership services and some important security fixes.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4611

Premiere Elements 7 remains as it was designed, including its challenging handling of 5.1 channel sound. Are you working with AVCHD or MPEG2 video that has 5.1 channel audio? But, Premiere Elements 7 does have the interesting perk of sharing via File Menu/Export/Movie besides Share/.

I do not understand your

Also, my video clips load sideways and there's no way to rotate

You should have the option to right click your clip, and then, from the pop up menu select Rotate 90 Left or Rotate 90 Right. Doesn't that work for you?

How long have you been working with Premiere Elements 7? Does your shutting down issue occur with just these video clips that load sideways? What are the properties of these videos and are these videos from a cell phone? What project preset are you setting to match the properties of these your source? When you import the video into your project, do you see a red line over its content in the Timeline workspace?

What are you doing inthe program when it shuts down spontaneously?

Do any of your issues set in if you are working with just jpeg photos on the Timeline instead of video?

Please name the brand/model/settings for the camera recording the video or the brand/model/settings for the cell phone camera recording the video.

We will be looking forward to your details to determine what we can put together if find resolution for your Premiere Elements 7 problems.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Any fix for version 7.0 besides 7.0.3 which doesn't work?
            cplanert Level 1

I'm working from a Samsung g3 and a mac using parallel. It was so slow and frustrating that i ditched the project.  It shouldn't be that difficult to create a video project.  And no there is no option to rotate.  Shocking i know.  

Sent via cell phone

• 3. Re: Any fix for version 7.0 besides 7.0.3 which doesn't work?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

cplanert

It is after 1 am where I am now, but your report is very intriguing.

You should be able to hold the phone in a different orientation to avoid the need to rotate the video in the video editor.

But, I find it more than shocking that you do not see a rotation option in the pop up in Premiere Elements 7 when you right click the video. You should have seen an option to Rotate 90 Left or Rotate 90 Right. You say not there.

What happens when you select/highlight your video on Video 1, go to Properties Palette/Motion Panel expanded? Do you see a Rotation option there that you can use?

I will check your thread later in the morning for further developments. Maybe time for a preference file deletion or uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall?

Another angle of this to be discussed other than video rotation, may be use of variable vs constant frame rate.

More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: Any fix for version 7.0 besides 7.0.3 which doesn't work?
                cplanert Level 1

Yeah, the program runs very slow and choppy on my brand new Mac with Windows 8 / parallel. The videos appear correctly in my files until I drop it into premiere.  I just installed it, so not sure what a reinstall will do. 

So much for computers making my life easier. 

Sent via cell phone

• 5. Re: Any fix for version 7.0 besides 7.0.3 which doesn't work?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

cplanert

Thanks for the reply.

I had suggested the uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall (antivirus and firewalls disabled) route in view of the description of your workflow as well as your workspace.

Did you ever find a Rotation feature anywhere in the program? I know that Premiere Elements Mac often is designed without all of the Premiere Elements Windows features, but I cannot image Rotation being one of the Windows Only.

Flaws in the install could have caused such.

But, if you did find Rotation, then let us focus on the properties of the video in detail, especially if cell phone video where specific consideration may be indicated.

I will look at the specifications for the Samsung g3 posted online. Any information you supply on the video will help us to rule video related factors in or out.

Thanks.

ATR