2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2014 8:36 AM by sinious

My Flash is making some of my Bitmaps invisible. Any ideas?

Scorchfrost

I am creating a flash game. Some of my bitmaps that were copied from images online into Flash are invisible when testing the Flash movie. However, they are normal when trying to edit them in Flash. They worked before and I don't know what I did to stop them from working. It's only images created outside of Flash that are doing this, it seems, though some images from other sources are working normally.

One bitmap is also being turned into a black box the size of the bitmap, dunno why either.

Any ideas, anyone?

• 1. Re: My Flash is making some of my Bitmaps invisible. Any ideas?
          Nipun Asthana Adobe Employee

Hi,

What version Flash are you using and on which OS., Also does it happen for new fla files/ new images as well or only for a specific project ?

It might have to do something with external linkages. Can you share a simple test file with some of the images that are not coming correctly.

Thanks,

Nipun

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: My Flash is making some of my Bitmaps invisible. Any ideas?
            sinious Most Valuable Participant

This happens quite a bit in several products.

For example, copy an image with transparency from Photoshop and paste it into Flash (no more transparency). Several programs have limited clipboard functionality.

Although Photoshop really shouldn't have that issue. GIMP can paste a copied bitmap with transparency and paste it into Flash perfectly fine.

The fix for me has always been, never copy and paste image data directly. Save the image to your disk, then import that saved file. It should work much better for you. This avoids the clipboard entirely.