1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 24, 2014 2:43 AM by dennington-bear RSS

Getting information from a shared object on the server

Hi all,
      I am currently stuck and cant find any answers anywhere!! So any help at all would be great!

Currently Im trying to create a sharedObject on a client and send a string from the client containing information based on phone hardware(e.g. accelerometer and geolocation) to ams. From here I want to be able to access information from the sharedObject on the server in the main.asc to use elsewhere!
      This is where the problem is occurring I cant access the shared object sent by the client. I sent my shared object like this:

//best practice is to always check for a successful NetConnection

protected function onNetStatus(event:NetStatusEvent):void

switch(event.info.code)//Check for a successful NetConnection

case "NetConnection.Connect.Success"://If the netConnection is a success#

so = SharedObject.getRemote("Data", nc.uri, false);//

so.connect(nc);//connect the sharedObject to the srever

so.addEventListener(SyncEvent.SYNC, syncHandler);//The sync listener

publishCamera(); //Publish the video

case "NetStream.Publish.Start"://If the netStream is a success

protected function syncHandler(event:SyncEvent):void

so.setProperty("id", aVar);

Im just not sure how to access so from server side!! I know this works as I have tested it but if there are better ways to implement it I would be glad to get advice!