6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2014 9:06 PM by A.T. Romano

Will not launch elements premiere. I click on the icon and nothing happens.

RMS123456789

Will not launch elements premiere. I click on the icon and nothing happens.

• 1. Re: Will not launch elements premiere. I click on the icon and nothing happens.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

First, can you provide a bit more information, please?

1. What version of PrE are you using?
          2. What OS version are you running it on?
          3. What is the make and model of your video card/chip (GPU)?
          4. What is the number and date of the installed video driver?
          5. Is that the latest from the nVidia, or AMD/ATI Web site?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Will not launch elements premiere. I click on the icon and nothing happens.
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180
            •What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 9 with the 9.0.1 update).
            •What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac"
            •Are you using an account with Administrator Privileges?
            •Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
            •What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.
            •If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
            •What were you doing when the problem occurred?
            •What other software are you running?
            •Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?
            •Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?
            And some other questions...
            •What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?
            •Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)
            What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?
            Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?
            For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information
            -you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself
            ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
            nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 3. Re: Will not launch elements premiere. I click on the icon and nothing happens.
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, are you running any real-time scanning anti-virus, anti-malware or anti-anything software, such as McAfee, or similar?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Will not launch elements premiere. I click on the icon and nothing happens.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

RM

Lots of questions. Lots of answers needed, starting with version of Premiere Elements being used and computer operating system on which it is running?

Any chance you have McAfee antivirus. Lots of Premiere Elements problems related to that antivirus. Disabling it for troubleshooting purposes would be one of the first steps. Lots of questions as indicated above.

Assuming that your computer is Windows based, please go to Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application and inspect the area for error events or messages that appear to be related to this Premiere Elements issue and that might direct the troubleshooting.

Let us pause here so that you can catch up replying to all the questions that need answers for us to help you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Will not launch elements premiere. I click on the icon and nothing happens.
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Lots of questions. Lots of answers needed, starting with version of Premiere Elements being used and computer operating system on which it is running?

Could have sworn that those questions had been asked already, but guess that I missed them????

Hunt

• 6. Re: Will not launch elements premiere. I click on the icon and nothing happens.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

My main question went to

Assuming that your computer is Windows based, please go to Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application and inspect the area for error events or messages that appear to be related to this Premiere Elements issue and that might direct the troubleshooting.

I do not believe that was touched on.

Everything else was in re-enforcing the important aspects of the issue that needed definition...an overall picture rather than a dangling thought from me. Had nothing to do with anyone else but me trying to package a reply for the benefit of the person posting the thread.

ATR