4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2014 8:55 PM by A.T. Romano

rendering

vacation1997

I have a 125 ssd drive c i am unable to render my project as there is not enough space can i change the settings to render the project on drive d if so how do i change the settings?

• 1. Re: rendering
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

In Edit>Preferences>Scratch Disks, you can direct PrE to use other drives and folders for the Preview Files. After you make that change to D:\, exit, then re-launch PrE, to make sure that the change takes place.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: rendering
            A.T. Romano Level 7

vacation1997

What version of Premiere Elements are you working with and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now I am assuming Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Please let us know where you have the other categories under Scratch Disks located - available space

Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks

Captured Video

Capture Audio

Video Previews

Audio Previews

Media Cache (these are conformed audio files)

Disc Encoding

as well as Edit Menu/Preferences/Media

Media Cache Database

This one is dominated by the program as to where it is going to be

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Common

and in the Common Folder, Media Cache Database (these are conformed video files)

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: rendering
              the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

It seems that the issue is with the Preview Files - the Rendered Files, and not other possible Scratch Disks.

Hunt

• 4. Re: rendering
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

Although vacation1997 posted with the hard drive space concerns aimed at preview files from TImeline render, I thought it important to get an overview of the existing Scratch Disks situation. The issue is really about a 125 GB SSD C drive and  hard drive space allocation, with preview files being one of the contributors to the matter.

We hope that vacation1997 can profit from being pointed to an overview of the Scratch Disks situation as it affects hard drive space consideration.

ATR