12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 9:12 AM by A.T. Romano

Audio Sub Buffer?

scoutjeanfinch

Everytime I work on a specific project, inevitably a box will pop up that says, "Adobe encountered a problem," followed by some code, the words, "AudioBuffer," "AudioSubBoofer," and .h-105. Then the whole program shuts down. How can I stop this from happening?

• 1. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
          the_wine_snob Level 9
          1. What version of PrE are you using?
          2. What is the OS version, that you are running it on?
          3. What is the Project's Settings?
          4. What are the full details of the media files, i.e. Frame Size, Frame Rate, Compression/CODEC, etc. for both the Audio and Video?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

scoutjeanfinch

From one of your earlier posts here, I know that you are working with Premiere Elements 12. But I am not sure what computer operating system it is running on.

Lots of questions, but I am going to take a quick try for a resolution without the lots of questions, just some....

1. How many audio transitions are applied to this one particular project? Are you working with trimmed or untrimmed audio clips?

Whatever the case, I would like you to make a copy of the problem project, use the copy, and remove all the audio transitions. Does the problem of "Audio SubBuffer h105" still exist?

2. If that works, then I want you to go to another copy of the original problem project, but this time leave the audio transitions in but edit them by trimming them to provides for enough frames/samples (handles) to make the audio transition work.

If you need supplemental information on trimming audio edge here, please let us know.

Please let us know if the above targets your issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

scoutjeanfinch

Another thread has appeared this morning with the same type of error that you are reporting.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6303653#6303653

What is the brand/model/camera from which your source media were recorded?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
                henner_mo

Hey guys,

as Mr. Romano pointed out above, I had the same problem.

I remembered that I changed the names of the video and audiotracks before the Error occured. So I created new tracks (right click on any track and "add tracks"), dragged all clips (incl. audio) onto those tracks and the Error didnt show up anymore.

scoutjeanfinch, can you confirm something similar?

• 5. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
                  nealeh Level 5

Further to henner_mo's comment, what tracks are you audio clips on? PRE, many versions, has a history of audio issues when audio is on the Narration or Soundtrack audio tracks. Usually placing the audio on higher audio tracks resolves the issue.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 6. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

For those following this thread, the matter of moving problematic audio to different tracks has already been brought up in the thread referenced earlier (post 3 of the thread that we are in now)

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6303653

ATR

• 7. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
                      henner_mo Level 1

Thanks Neale,

the audio came with the videofootage and thus was placed under the video on tracks 1 to 3.

Degroup video and audio and placing audio on other tracks alone didnt resolve the problem. But creating a new track and position the package of video and audio worked out so far.

Henrik

• 8. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
                        scoutjeanfinch Level 1

Dear Henrik,

This  was very helpful initially and did solve the problem for about fifteen minutes, but then the Error occurred again.

• 9. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
                          scoutjeanfinch Level 1

I did make the copy but the problem still exists.

• 10. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

scoutjeanfinch

Right now the only thing that we know is that removal of the audio from the project resulted with no error message

Audio SubBuffer h105" or related one

Is that correct? Subsequent manuvers appear to have resulted in temporary success. Is that correct?

I have been away for a few day, and I am not in the process of catching up.

Please remind me - does this specific audio error message

a. occur for just this one project

b. occur with just in one source of audio

c. is it happening in all projects with a variety of source media?

Thanks.

ATR

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
                              scoutjeanfinch Level 1

Dear Mr. Romano,

This only occurs for one particular project with one source of audio.

In my haste to fix the problem, I may have typed the error message incorrectly. Here is what is should say:

Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 9.00.37 PM.png

Thank you so much.

• 12. Re: Audio Sub Buffer?
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

scoutjeanfinch

Thanks for the confirmation of the error message via your screenshot. That is the error message that I have been trying to address.

Have you tried the following. Premiere Elements 12 has two workspaces, Expert and Quick.

Switch to the Quick workspace, and try to work with the project there. Do you get that error message even there?

If so, delete the audio in the Quick workspace, switch back to the Expert, and import your audio in the Expert workspace.

Any, change for the better?

Unfortunately, this error message has not been widely reported. When it has appeared, it has been associated with audio transition and audio trim issues. I have never run into.

Please let us know if any of the Expert to Quick back to Expert maneuvers have any impact on the error.

Thanks.

ATR