What version of Presenter are you using? Have you tried applying any/all the updates?
1. Hard to say exactly what is wrong. This may need to be addressed by Support.
2. I believe that the incorrect feedback audio will only play on the final failed attempt (20th time in your case). This may need some testing to validate, if you change your number of attempts to two, and then answer it incorrectly twice, do you get the audio on the second failure?
3. This sounds like an issue from early versions of Presenter 7 (7.0.5 resolved this if I remember correctly), but if it is Presenter 9, support may need to know about it.
2. I tried changing the # of attempts to 2 and 1 and the audio does play at the end of the # of attempts. But I my intention is to attach a hint in the audio response so the student and retry after listening to the hint. Do you have any suggestions for how I might achieve that?
3. I am using Presenter 9 and have tried this a few times. It definitely does not work for me.
2. I don't believe there is a method of adding hit or retry audio to the quiz slide. I'm not sure there is a method for doing it either.
3. Support should work with you to identify the problem and if there is a solution or if this is a bug. There are support staff to make time to come here, and they may reach out to you, but you can always call them at 800-945-9120 as well.